MBB Transfer Portal Thread: Moser Year 4

What Do We Do Now Stan Marsh GIF - What Do We Do Now Stan Marsh South Park  - Discover & Share GIFs

Follow the newest Sooner - TWITTER & INSTAGRAM

View attachment 1882

View attachment 1883

Unless something actually happens with Elvis, we are done here.

Any reason you have Elvis at PG and Miles at SG? I would think those would be reversed, with Elvis getting the backup PG minutes to start.

Depth chart as I see it:

PG - Miles / Elvis / (Forsythe)
SG - Elvis / Goodine / Jones
OG - Jones / Nwankwo / (Cole)
PF - Moore / Nwankwo / Atak
C - Godwin / Wague / (Northweather)

3-4 guys aren't going to get much run. Who is that? I think it's Keita for sure. I think it very well could be Northweather. And I think two of Forsythe/Cole/Atak, depending on who shows they are ready.

Main contributors will be:
Guards - Miles, Elvis, Goodine
Wings - Jones, Nwankwo, Moore
Bigs - Godwin, Wague

Let's get the thoughts on the final roster. How we feeling masochist of OU basketball?

Not much to get too excited about. Hopefully they play nicer together than last year's group.
I'll watch and hope they can win enough to make the tournament.
It's disappointing that's where we are after 3 years of PM. But without knowing much wrt the
inner workings of the program, I'm not sure who to blame exactly. I guess we'll figure that out after next season.

3-4 guys aren't going to get much run. Who is that? I think it's Keita for sure. I think it very well could be Northweather. And I think two of Forsythe/Cole/Atak, depending on who shows they are ready.
I think we’re gonna see just about everyone but Yaya get a chance at minutes early in the year. Hopefully a guy or two separates and forces his way into the lineup.

I think we’re gonna see just about everyone but Yaya get a chance at minutes early in the year. Hopefully a guy or two separates and forces his way into the lineup.
I mean, sure, early they are going to give guys run if they can. But our OOC schedule is going to be tougher, and even if they find a way to play 11-12 guys then, come January it's not going to be more than 10, and it might be 8 or 9. No way to play 11 or 12 guys. Even 10 is hard.

I mean, sure, early they are going to give guys run if they can. But our OOC schedule is going to be tougher, and even if they find a way to play 11-12 guys then, come January it's not going to be more than 10, and it might be 8 or 9. No way to play 11 or 12 guys. Even 10 is hard.
10 is hard for sure...and most coaches are more like 8.....maybe 9

I could just as well see Nwankwo grab the 3 spot and slide Jones up to the 2 with Miles starting at the 1. Would give our starting lineup a lot of size and athleticism on the defensive end and still keep a similar level of shooting on the floor. That would also allow us to bring Elvis off the bench with Goodine

We should all submit some kind of grade(s)...then come up with a cumulative or something like that
I have my own rating system and have 312 transfers rated. Based on my ratings, here's how I have them rated and would grade them. Opinions will obviously vary.

43. Miles A
192. Jones B-
197. Nwankwo B- (very rough estimates based on juco stats)
207. Wague C+
224. Goodine C+
287. Elvis C-

Any reason you have Elvis at PG and Miles at SG? I would think those would be reversed, with Elvis getting the backup PG minutes to start.

Depth chart as I see it:

PG - Miles / Elvis / (Forsythe)
SG - Elvis / Goodine / Jones
OG - Jones / Nwankwo / (Cole)
PF - Moore / Nwankwo / Atak
C - Godwin / Wague / (Northweather)

Main contributors will be:
Guards - Miles, Elvis, Goodine
Wings - Jones, Nwankwo, Moore
Bigs - Godwin, Wague
On Elvis, I think that's where the coaches see him. One hint is Bob P...who we know talks to at least Tad and Bob keeps mentioning Elvis as the PG.

Independent of Wague, I give the staff a B. They got some shooters and a nice mix of athletes.

Adding him into the mix, I drop the grade to a C. He makes so little sense in so many ways.

Their only ‘excuse’ is that Achor eithef cannot spell his own name or Samford held him hostage.
Im going to be sick watching all of these random teams next year AGAIN with solid/heady 5s and we have poop trash. I'm hoping the bama guy will be better than advertised and will steal godwin's job.

I give pm a D+.

No reason to not take even another 5. Make room and take another flier on a big. Pm is dumb imo. If i were in his shoes, id be exhausting ever option so i don't get fired. Good luck pm

Soooo….. don’t get your hopes up but I wouldn’t completely close the door on Ugonna Onyenso
Any thoughts on how those numbers would work assuming Moore pulls out of the draft? Would they show Yaya the door? Can he even do that at this point?

Back