MBB Transfer Portal Thread: Moser Year 4

If Jalen Moore returns, based on the highlights i've seen of all of the transfers-in, I think we will have a solid team. Certainly not a team that will win the SEC, or even place top 3, but I think we may be surprised by how decent this team is. The only area of concern for me is our lack in a true productive center, yet again. Thought Hughley would be this type of player last season but he was very much not, and then he got injured. IMO, Moore was our best player and is an exciting guy to watch play, and hopefully the rest we can work around. The most recent Juco addition could be a great player for us this season as well. Might not be just as bad as we were originally expecting, but that's as optimistic as I'll get. As long as we aren't embarrassingly bad PM might be okay. Not sure what to expect out of either freshman, if anything at all. I hope both are players that can contribute, but sometimes it seems PM becomes disenchanted with players and they lose opportunities to play and prove themselves. Cooper was a great example of this last season, IMO.

I would be very, very, very careful drawing anything from this vid…..except that Norwether can’t play defense. Last year running up to the bball season it was reported that Norwether was ‘tearing it up’ in practice. We saw what he did in games. Virtually nothing but an occasional 3.
It's not like Northweather had a lot of competition in practice...:D

Anywho... *slinks back BBQ dinner*

I would be very, very, very careful drawing anything from this vid…..except that Norwether can’t play defense. Last year running up to the bball season it was reported that Norwether was ‘tearing it up’ in practice. We saw what he did in games. Virtually nothing but an occasional 3.
You got that from a video in which Northweather wasn't even in? Great insight

New prediction, to ruffle feathers, J Cole for Heisman. AND third team SEC.

Let's get it!

I'm optimistic about Cole. Then again, I was also hopeful that Cooper could contribute this year. Along with Moore, I love what we have at the 4 spot. I'm hoping that we are trying to find ways to get both on the court. I think they could play together as 4/5 or 3/4.

I can see that based off of the tape that is out there, but I could also see him and Miles being a 1A/1B type depending on matchups. Having guys that are interchangeable makes you that much tougher to guard if egos aren't involved.
Agree. 2 pg’s

Since when did NCAA rules matter or have any bite…

Seriously there was a rule on GPA and academic progress standards but that was before free unlimited penalty-free transfers and before the NCAA was rendered toothless by the P5 conferences and court decisions.

Haven’t seen any enforcement or news on GPA consequences in a while.
Exactly… the APR?… if ya can go to 4 schools in 4 yrs without consequences… the ncaa has nothing

If you were better than him, then you were either older, or your name was Blake Griffin. He was the second best player in the state.
Reread my post goober. He was light years better than me lol. He hit a full length shot on us once even

I'm 99.9% sure it won't happen, but how effed are we if Moore decides to stay in the NBA draft?

Just even thinking about that depth chart.....Yikes!

Back