MBB Transfer Portal Thread: Moser Year 4

Wague has committed, how bout being positive. Hopefully recruits don't get on this site. You have no idea how good he can be at OU!!!
Welcome aboard. I hope you like Oklahoma...probably more sophisticated than alabama.

I think Wague looks both athletic and skilled in the clips I've seen. Sometimes kids are much better than their stats because they just haven't been given an opportunity to prove themselves. I've wondered this about Yaya at times as well - i mean, surely our team isn't so good that we couldn't give him or players like Cooper some PT to prove themselves here and there? Even when we were shorthanded they weren't given an opportunity, so it came as no surprise to me when Cooper left.
Anyway, I'm going to choose to be optimistic with the players PM has brought in, until it's unavoidable. Remember, having zero expectations is sometimes the way to go about approaching a season, as sad as that may sound!

I think Wague looks both athletic and skilled in the clips I've seen. Sometimes kids are much better than their stats because they just haven't been given an opportunity to prove themselves. I've wondered this about Yaya at times as well - i mean, surely our team isn't so good that we couldn't give him or players like Cooper some PT to prove themselves here and there? Even when we were shorthanded they weren't given an opportunity, so it came as no surprise to me when Cooper left.
Anyway, I'm going to choose to be optimistic with the players PM has brought in, until it's unavoidable. Remember, having zero expectations is sometimes the way to go about approaching a season, as sad as that may sound!
When you commit a foul every five seconds, it isn’t a matter of not getting an opportunity. It’s a matter of not being able to play without fouling.

Possible jersey #'s

Jersey#
Name
2Brycen Goodine
3Jeff Nwankwo
5Mo Wague
10Sam Godwin
11Yaya Keita
12Jadon Jones
14Jalon Moore
15Duke Miles
22Kuol Atak
24Jacolb Cole
30Jake Moser
33Dayton Forsythe
40Kobe Elvis
45Luke Northweather
55Reid Lovelace

For Goodine, Nwankwo, Wague, Jones, Miles, Atak, Forsythe, and Elvis, I'm using the jersey numbers they wore during their official visits.

For reference sake, these are the jersey numbers at the last stops...

Jersey#
Name
Last stop
Notes
2Brycen GoodineFairfieldWore #0 in high school & at Syracuse. #12 at Providence.
3Jeff NwankwoCowley College (juco)
11Mo WagueAlabamaAlso wore #11 at WVU & #22 in high school.
12Jadon JonesLong Beach StWore #5 in high school.
22Kuol AtakHaltom City (TX) HS
23Duke MilesHigh PointWore #3 at Troy & #15 in high school.
24Kobe ElvisDaytonWore #3 at DePaul & #1 in high school.
33Dayton ForsytheDale (OK) HS

Didn't several players from the Capel regime, not named Griffin. opt early for the pros and were never heard about again? A guard and a center.

Willie Warren was a second round pick. Had a cup of coffee and that was about it. Perhaps the most surprising guy to not have more success in the NBA.

TMG and Gallon also went pro early. TMG never had a chance at the NBA, so I'd assume he went Europe, but I never followed up. He could have been great if he had his head on straight and stuck around. That ISU performance was one of the most magical performances of the past 20 years. I think Gallon was on a D-league team or something for a bit, but I don't think he ever spent real time in the NBA.

Possible jersey #'s

Jersey#
Name
2Brycen Goodine
3Jeff Nwankwo
5Mo Wague
10Sam Godwin
11Yaya Keita
12Jadon Jones
14Jalon Moore
15Duke Miles
22Kuol Atak
24Jacolb Cole
30Jake Moser
33Dayton Forsythe
40Kobe Elvis
45Luke Northweather
55Reid Lovelace

For Goodine, Nwankwo, Wague, Jones, Miles, Atak, Forsythe, and Elvis, I'm using the jersey numbers they wore during their official visits.

For reference sake, these are the jersey numbers at the last stops...

Jersey#
Name
Last stop
Notes
2Brycen GoodineFairfieldWore #0 in high school & at Syracuse. #12 at Providence.
3Jeff NwankwoCowley College (juco)
11Mo WagueAlabamaAlso wore #11 at WVU & #22 in high school.
12Jadon JonesLong Beach StWore #5 in high school.
22Kuol AtakHaltom City (TX) HS
23Duke MilesHigh PointWore #3 at Troy & #15 in high school.
24Kobe ElvisDaytonWore #3 at DePaul & #1 in high school.
33Dayton ForsytheDale (OK) HS
Very, very crude look/rough draft. I need a graphics guy, lol.

1716327128108.png

Back