MBB Transfer Portal Thread: Moser Year 4

Willie Warren was a second round pick. Had a cup of coffee and that was about it. Perhaps the most surprising guy to not have more success in the NBA.

TMG and Gallon also went pro early. TMG never had a chance at the NBA, so I'd assume he went Europe, but I never followed up. He could have been great if he had his head on straight and stuck around. That ISU performance was one of the most magical performances of the past 20 years. I think Gallon was on a D-league team or something for a bit, but I don't think he ever spent real time in the NBA.
WW should have gone pro after his frosh year .. he very likely would have been a 1st round pick

WW should have gone pro after his frosh year .. he very likely would have been a 1st round pick

I forgot he came back for his sophomore year. Such a brutal season. If I recall, he was getting booed during that time.

I forgot he came back for his sophomore year. Such a brutal season. If I recall, he was getting booed during that time.
WW had serious attitude issues which hampered his development. I can't help but think if he, Tiny Gallon and TMG all had their heads on straight and got the right coaching, they could have all had solid NBA careers. That 2009-2010 team remains as the most under-achieving unit in my nearly 50 years as an OU hoops fan. The thing is, Tiny, TMG, Pledger and Fitzgerald could have been one of the great recruiting classes in school history...1983 remains the gold standard.

Kaden Cooper is visiting Louisiana (Ragin' Cajuns) yesterday/today.
Hmm...maybe there was a good reason after all why PM wasn't playing him much. I think this may be the best route for Cooper at this point. Maybe he goes to a school like that and lights it up, and puts himself in a position to portal again and transfer to a bigger school and make some $?? He just isn't quite ready for a starting job at a P6 school right now.

Hmm...maybe there was a good reason after all why PM wasn't playing him much. I think this may be the best route for Cooper at this point. Maybe he goes to a school like that and lights it up, and puts himself in a position to portal again and transfer to a bigger school and make some $?? He just isn't quite ready for a starting job at a P6 school right now.
And yet when we bring in a bunch of transfers from low and mid majors, people get super pumped that they will make us better than last year's team and lead us to success in the second best conference in the nation.

And yet when we bring in a bunch of transfers from low and mid majors, people get super pumped that they will make us better than last year's team and lead us to success in the second best conference in the nation.
I wanted cooper to stay, but someone on this board said cooper asked for more nil after what we offered garrison and peduillia and ou said no or could not get the person to donate more.

And yet, you lie again. Like a rug.
And you continue to contribute less than nothing to the board. Point to a single part of my post that isn't accurate. We brought in a bunch of mid and low major guys. Fact. They are ranked significantly lower individually and collectively in every ranking system than the guys who left -- all of whom ended up at P5 schools. Fact. Yet many of the sunshine pumpers have argued that they think the roster/team is, in fact, better than last year's, mainly because of shooting and chemistry.

Where are these people? Are you arguing with imaginary people again? I haven't seen anybody claiming the roster will be better next year.

Are you comparing Cooper to Duke Miles?? What is your deal man? You just like to argue to argue. Looks like all the rational posters got my point. The point is he needs PT to develop!!! He would ride the pine had he stayed at OU.

Where are these people? Are you arguing with imaginary people again? I haven't seen anybody claiming the roster will be better next year.
I don't have nearly the time to go back through 408 pages of this thread to pull out specific posts, but people absolutely have made the argument that we have a real chance to be as good, if not better. That we might not be as athletic, but will have better shooting, better chemistry, and that the new guys might be better "basketball players" even if not better athletes.

Are you comparing Cooper to Duke Miles?? What is your deal man? You just like to argue to argue. Looks like all the rational posters got my point. The point is he needs PT to develop!!! He would ride the pine had he stayed at OU.
If so, only because our coach is an idiot. I'd take my chances with him over some guys who had almost no offers from high level schools and who aren't nearly as athletic.

I think it could potentially be a better team.
It could go either way, but I agree...they most certainly could be better. Chemistry is hard to measure...especially since we haven't seen these guys play together. But if the team chemistry is there...and the sum is greater than the parts...this team could be a better team. They most certainly will be a better shooting team, and that's what cost us several games this past season. I'll reamain optimistic, until they give me a reason not to be. That certainly beats being a negative pr!ck about the whole thing.

If so, only because our coach is an idiot. I'd take my chances with him over some guys who had almost no offers from high level schools and who aren't nearly as athletic.
You think he's better than Jadon Jones or even Nwankwo at this point?? I'd say def no to Jones and 50/50 at best with Nwankwo. I hope Cooper excels wherever he lands. I am pulling for him.

Back