MBB Transfer Portal Thread: Moser Year 4

No, just means his roster spot will be available with a medical redshirt. NCAA rules say you can have 15 on the roster for a game, so even with his scholarship still in use and still a need for a NIL scholly for Godwin with Fears joining, it also gives them two spots available on the roster. Previously, Lovelace and Moser would fill those spots as walk-ons.

With the injury, Fears makes 13 + 2 traditional walk-ons. So there's room for Parker, and Taylor (or whoever), if they want them and are willing to come. If I did my math correctly!
You are correct. Parker Taylor nil schollys

No, just means his roster spot will be available with a medical redshirt. NCAA rules say you can have 15 on the roster for a game, so even with his scholarship still in use and still a need for a NIL scholly for Godwin with Fears joining, it also gives them two spots available on the roster. Previously, Lovelace and Moser would fill those spots as walk-ons.

With the injury, Fears makes 13 + 2 traditional walk-ons. So there's room for Parker, and Taylor (or whoever), if they want them and are willing to come. If I did my math correctly!
This is why we are going after one of those(Parker/Taylor). The scholarship/NIL configuration is worried about later, that was more of my point.

Parker upside to me. But I have let watched much Taylor. But I’m good with Moore Godwin wague.

Same.....I'm interested in the upside here. He is 6'9" and athletic....not a stiff. I know he got hurt two games into last season...something with his eye so that was a big reason for the redshirt.

His film looks pretty good.

I think Taylor has pretty much hit his ceiling. He played well for St John's in stretches last year but that 4.4 ppg jumps out....not in a good way. He is a good defender but we need some offense too.

Same.....I'm interested in the upside here. He is 6'9" and athletic....not a stiff. I know he got hurt two games into last season...something with his eye so that was a big reason for the redshirt.

His film looks pretty good.

I think Taylor has pretty much hit his ceiling. He played well for St John's in stretches last year but that 4.4 ppg jumps out....not in a good way. He is a good defender but we need some offense too.
It's the last sentence of Coach's post that baffles me. How anyone could feel "good" about our current situation in the frontcourt is beyond me. Moore should be good (potentially very good) at the four, but we have a starting five who should be a backup and a backup who should be a "break glass in case of emergency" option. Even in the unlikely scenario that we get good guard play from four or five guys, we still are so lacking up front.

It's the last sentence of Coach's post that baffles me. How anyone could feel "good" about our current situation in the frontcourt is beyond me. Moore should be good (potentially very good) at the four, but we have a starting five who should be a backup and a backup who should be a "break glass in case of emergency" option. Even in the unlikely scenario that we get good guard play from four or five guys, we still are so lacking up front.
good thing no one ever improves

So wague is emergency only? Interesting take. Luke can play the 5… Cole can play the 4. How many posts do you want?

Sure I’d like hunter Dickinson but they isn’t happening.

So wague is emergency only? Interesting take. Luke can play the 5… Cole can play the 4. How many posts do you want?

Essentially we (I suppose I) need to see big leaps from Luke to feel good about the 5 spot, IMO. Wague is a good middle defender when he doesn't foul out in 6 seconds.

You now have 2 bigs who are big foul trouble bodies, Luke who REALLY needs to make a big leap to be a physical big, and citing Moore/Cole to be smallball bigs, isn't an ideal scenario.

Godwin has been the same player year over year. The problem is that he had Groves and partially Hugley IV to help alleviate pre-injury.

Basically if Luke doesn't take a big leap and Wague doesn't solve his foul trouble...I think we are very much hurting down low. I would argue we have the worst post-play going into the SEC. (when I leave work I can run my numbers to see what they look like)

Wague averages approximately 7,000 fouls per second. Teams with good post depth don't have that guy as their main backup.

I "could" play the post. Forsythe "could" play the post. Moser's son "could" play the post. I'd like a good starter, a reliable backup, and one more guy who could actually contribute when one or both of the others are hurt or in foul trouble. That seems preferable to having one decent post, one bad one, and some other guys who would have to play out of position. But maybe that's just me.

Wague averages approximately 7,000 fouls per second. Teams with good post depth don't have that guy as their main backup.

I "could" play the post. Forsythe "could" play the post. Moser's son "could" play the post. I'd like a good starter, a reliable backup, and one more guy who could actually contribute when one or both of the others are hurt or in foul trouble. That seems preferable to having one decent post, one bad one, and some other guys who would have to play out of position. But maybe that's just me.

All rational thinking... Good job. Only thing you missed was Porter sucks and cant coach...

Essentially we (I suppose I) need to see big leaps from Luke to feel good about the 5 spot, IMO. Wague is a good middle defender when he doesn't foul out in 6 seconds.

You now have 2 bigs who are big foul trouble bodies, Luke who REALLY needs to make a big leap to be a physical big, and citing Moore/Cole to be smallball bigs, isn't an ideal scenario.

Godwin has been the same player year over year. The problem is that he had Groves and partially Hugley IV to help alleviate pre-injury.

Basically if Luke doesn't take a big leap and Wague doesn't solve his foul trouble...I think we are very much hurting down low. I would argue we have the worst post-play going into the SEC. (when I leave work I can run my numbers to see what they look like)

Well....you got 10 fouls to use with 2 guys. LOL

I'm ok with the team we have at 4 positions. I think we ate ok 1-4........the 5 scares me outside of Godwin. I think Godwin is serviceable...but he is not the type of big we need to compete year in and year out.....I'd rather see him coming off the bench but he can hold his own for the most part. After him is a question mark for sure.

This next recruiting class we need to hit on 2 bigs. That scares me

Back