MBB Transfer Portal Thread: Moser Year 4

Eric Dailey Jr isn't going back.

That's pretty clear. Don't know on the others.

-------

No contact from OU. Surprised.

The kid is going to UCONN (according to the rumor mill) but still, surprised.

Never seemed to move past the contact stage...although OU did try to get a visit, reportedly.

At any point do you stop coming here till we fire moser or committed to every comment being the same?
At any point do you realize that just because you coach small level high school ball and occasionally have insight that isn’t readily available on Twitter, you aren’t obligated to stroke Moser?

At any point do you realize that just because you coach small level high school ball and occasionally have insight that isn’t readily available on Twitter, you aren’t obligated to stroke Moser?

Who’s stroking Moser?? The point is, he isn’t going to be fired this season, so why spend so much time with constant negativity?? I mean it’s constant with you…and it’s tiring. Are you like this in all facets of your life?? I’m guessing so at this point.

It’s win or get fired. Not sure what coaching or insight has anything to do with what I said.

No stroking by me.

I was asking a real question.

Some people add nothing to the discussion. They just suck the souls out of everyone trying to get info.

They don't want insight or opinions from anyone that doesn't see things like they do and they try to tear you down with insults if you share what you have.

It’s win or get fired. Not sure what coaching or insight has anything to do with what I said.

No stroking by me.

I was asking a real question.
You want a real answer then? The answer is, it is a message board devoted to OU basketball. OU basketball has been bad since our current coach arrived on the scene. Bad on the court, bad at retaining players, bad at winning recruiting battles for portal guys who would be legitimate difference makers. My comments are based on reality. If you don’t want to read negative comments, block me. Or just don’t visit the board when the team is in a terrible stretch where nothing good is happening.

Like I said last night, pretty much everything I’ve been trashed for by certain segments of the board has come true. I got killed all last spring and summer for expressing doubt that any of the hopeful talk Moser was spinning would actually happen. Where was I wrong, other than underestimating Soares and Moore? We still didn’t make the tourney, our offense still sucked, our returning players regressed, and we didn’t give Cooper any chance to develop in games. Now we are essentially back to square one, with (hopefully) Moore being the lone exception.

So to answer your question, I’ll continue to post negative things about OU basketball and CW Moser as long as everything happening to OU basketball is negative.

And unlike a few of the “let’s be positive” posters, I don’t ever suggest that anyone I disagree with should stop posting or act like it’s the end of the world if people disagree. I also don’t ever start any of the personal attacks. I post about the team and coach, then some of you get hurt feelings and try to make things personal. (I’m not accusing you of the last thing, but there are a few others who do that constantly.). Just understand that if something good actually happens, I’ll be more than willing to post about it.

You want a real answer then? The answer is, it is a message board devoted to OU basketball. OU basketball has been bad since our current coach arrived on the scene. Bad on the court, bad at retaining players, bad at winning recruiting battles for portal guys who would be legitimate difference makers. My comments are based on reality. If you don’t want to read negative comments, block me. Or just don’t visit the board when the team is in a terrible stretch where nothing good is happening.

Like I said last night, pretty much everything I’ve been trashed for by certain segments of the board has come true. I got killed all last spring and summer for expressing doubt that any of the hopeful talk Moser was spinning would actually happen. Where was I wrong, other than underestimating Soares and Moore? We still didn’t make the tourney, our offense still sucked, our returning players regressed, and we didn’t give Cooper any chance to develop in games. Now we are essentially back to square one, with (hopefully) Moore being the lone exception.

So to answer your question, I’ll continue to post negative things about OU basketball and CW Moser as long as everything happening to OU basketball is negative.

And unlike a few of the “let’s be positive” posters, I don’t ever suggest that anyone I disagree with should stop posting or act like it’s the end of the world if people disagree. I also don’t ever start any of the personal attacks. I post about the team and coach, then some of you get hurt feelings and try to make things personal. (I’m not accusing you of the last thing, but there are a few others who do that constantly.). Just understand that if something good actually happens, I’ll be more than willing to post about it.
Honestly it's not hurt feelings. It just gets old to reread the exact same stuff ad nauseum. We didn't make the tournament but there were positive steps forward this year but you won't acknowledge anything positive because you are so negative about Moser.

The influx of guys leaving is a pain...but SOME of it is likely processing...but I don't know that any more than anyone else here.

You and I look at the program from different lenses but I agree with you on his offense...I don't like it. Yes, I view it from the coaching side because that's my experience....you view it from a fans perspective where obviously getting in the tournament is your gold standard. We don't agree on where the program was when Moser took over either and that's fine. I'm on board with you about getting rid of him next year if we don't see the step forward we need.

I'm not attacking you....just sharing an opinion.

Honestly it's not hurt feelings. It just gets old to reread the exact same stuff ad nauseum. We didn't make the tournament but there were positive steps forward this year but you won't acknowledge anything positive because you are so negative about Moser.

The influx of guys leaving is a pain...but SOME of it is likely processing...but I don't know that any more than anyone else here.

You and I look at the program from different lenses but I agree with you on his offense...I don't like it. Yes, I view it from the coaching side because that's my experience....you view it from a fans perspective where obviously getting in the tournament is your gold standard. We don't agree on where the program was when Moser took over either and that's fine. I'm on board with you about getting rid of him next year if we don't see the step forward we need.

I'm not attacking you....just sharing an opinion.
Which is fine. I don’t know that I see it as processing. I think that definitely happened last offseason, but I think this year, as disappointing as some of our guys were, it’s unlikely that Moser actually wanted three starters to leave along with a backup big. And I’m not sad to see any of them or Hugley go, looking at each case individually. But losing this many guys and not knowing if we will land anyone who is significantly better … it’s a huge bummer heading into year four.

I'm 100% ok with your opinion. Im there with you. Its get in the tournament at the bare minimum or its over.

BUT... We know you hate him, we know you dont like anything that he does. Does repeating yourself every day 9x a day change that he is here one more year for now. Its not gonna change at this point.

What about commenting on targets you think we should get or ones that you think would benefit us most. (within our budget and realistic)

So to confirm currently

Pedulla is a battle between OU and Creighton?

Kevin Overton is a battle with OU and Texas Tech?

Dante Maddox Jr a name to watch since Mayo committed to Kansas?

So to confirm currently

Pedulla is a battle between OU and Creighton?

Kevin Overton is a battle with OU and Texas Tech?

Dante Maddox Jr a name to watch since Mayo committed to Kansas?

I think Pedulla to Ou is done deal. But yes.

KO- tech has his HS coach I think or prep school
Coach.

Maddox- I defer to someone else

I'm 100% ok with your opinion. Im there with you. Its get in the tournament at the bare minimum or its over.

BUT... We know you hate him, we know you dont like anything that he does. Does repeating yourself every day 9x a day change that he is here one more year for now. Its not gonna change at this point.

What about commenting on targets you think we should get or ones that you think would benefit us most. (within our budget and realistic)
I don’t know how anyone thinks they know what is realistic. NIL info isn’t public, so we have no idea what OU actually can offer, nor do we know what the players are asking for. I think Mayo was the most exciting name we had been connected to. When I looked at the stats for the VA Tech guy, his advanced stats look very similar to JM. We would need him to be way better than JM was in the Big 12, and we obviously now need two PGs. I’d like to get Garrison but I don’t see him a huge difference maker, especially offensively. I’d feel better if we had a better high school class coming in, but that’s not the case. Honestly, we need so many pieces that it’s hard to even wrap your head around.

Muss could be our coach... USC and him I do not think will be a fit.
Say what? I don’t want that asshole. He didn’t really get it done at Arkansas and most of their fans are happy he’s leaving. No thanks.

Say what? I don’t want that asshole. He didn’t really get it done at Arkansas and most of their fans are happy he’s leaving. No thanks.
The other thing is that he wears out his welcome very quickly. If you hire him, no matter how well things go, you’re almost certain to be hiring another coach in four or five years.

Back