MBB Transfer Portal Thread: Moser Year 4

If you don't have an ON3 sub...

Furman transfer JP Pegues, one of the top guards in the portal, has narrowed his list of schools down to four, he told On3. Moving forward, the 6-foot-1 junior will consider Auburn, Florida, Oklahoma and South Carolina.

The 1st-team All-Southern junior has completed visits to South Carolina and Auburn and is scheduled to visit Florida on April 12th, following the dead period.

Pegues averaged 18.4 points, 4.3 rebounds, and 4.8 assists per game this season.

The Nashville native is currently ranked as the No. 18 overall player in the On3 Industry Transfer Portal Rankings.

Furman transfer JP Pegues, one of the top guards in the portal, has narrowed his list of schools down to four, he told On3. Moving forward, the 6-foot-1 junior will consider Auburn, Florida, Oklahoma and South Carolina.

The 1st-team All-Southern junior has completed visits to South Carolina and Auburn and is scheduled to visit Florida on April 12th, following the dead period.

Pegues averaged 18.4 points, 4.3 rebounds, and 4.8 assists per game this season.

The Nashville native is currently ranked as the No. 18 overall player in the On3 Industry Transfer Portal Rankings.
But no OU visit mention

the fact that we are in the top 4 and he has already taken half of this visits is a good thing ..

I don't get too caught up on size. If you can play you can play.

But really wondering if the plan is to put a guy like this next to Pedulla? Or if Pedulla isn't a guarantee, and this kid would be another option there?

This could be a great grab from the portal.

Shot 36% from 3 with 224 attempts. 126/144 from the line for 88% so he gets to the line, almost 5 attempts PG. Shot 49% from two-point range and almost 1 offensive board per game. Averaged 2.07 TOs per game on the APG, for an APG/TO ratio of 2.32 PG.

Like this guy as much as any PG I've seen so far.

I don't get too caught up on size. If you can play you can play.

But really wondering if the plan is to put a guy like this next to Pedulla? Or if Pedulla isn't a guarantee, and this kid would be another option there?
We definitely need 2 PGs, but the question is whether we can find two who compliment each other. Looking back, it is odd we brought in JM when we already had Los, who was a full-time PG. If we can bring in two guys who are both capable of playing PG, but one is also good at playing off the ball (and willing to do so), that's great. Otherwise, you run the risk of chemistry issues, on and off the court.

Would be nice if we can actually get him to visit. Otherwise, seems like a longshot.

I won't believe anything until I see an official commitment, and even then I'm going to temper my expectations. The last three offseasons have taught me that. Never would have guessed this would be the reality of our program 3 seasons ago when they first hired PM, so disappointed.

We definitely need 2 PGs, but the question is whether we can find two who compliment each other. Looking back, it is odd we brought in JM when we already had Los, who was a full-time PG. If we can bring in two guys who are both capable of playing PG, but one is also good at playing off the ball (and willing to do so), that's great. Otherwise, you run the risk of chemistry issues, on and off the court.

Would be nice if we can actually get him to visit. Otherwise, seems like a longshot.

Don’t think it was odd at all to pair JM with Los but agree with everything else.

Don’t think it was odd at all to pair JM with Los but agree with everything else.
They are both guys who want/need the ball in their hands. Los was being talked about as a potential NBA point guard and a candidate to be a national breakout player. I can see how he would feel less than enthused about having a guy brought in who ended up being very ball dominant.

Just yesterday, OU wasn't mentioned.

The visit to Auburn was Pegues’s second official visit since entering the transfer portal last week. He visited South Carolina this past weekend.

“I thought it was good,” he said. “The guys there were super welcoming. They showed me around. I got to see some of the guys there. I felt like they did a really good job of presenting to me how they view me, how they see my future there if I decide to go there, and they showed me love.”

Pegues will visit Florida April 12-13. The three SEC schools make up his list of finalists.

“Shortly after (visiting Florida) I will be deciding,” he said.

I'm thinking it's either...

1) He's still mulling over a visit to OU

or

2) OU is waiting on Pedulla's visit/decision. Probably right after the dead period ends.

Just yesterday, OU wasn't mentioned.

The visit to Auburn was Pegues’s second official visit since entering the transfer portal last week. He visited South Carolina this past weekend.

“I thought it was good,” he said. “The guys there were super welcoming. They showed me around. I got to see some of the guys there. I felt like they did a really good job of presenting to me how they view me, how they see my future there if I decide to go there, and they showed me love.”

Pegues will visit Florida April 12-13. The three SEC schools make up his list of finalists.

“Shortly after (visiting Florida) I will be deciding,” he said.

I'm thinking it's either...

1) He's still mulling over a visit to OU

or

2) OU is waiting on Pedulla's visit/decision. Probably right after the dead period ends.
Man I hope we aren’t waiting around. We need good players.

Man I hope we aren’t waiting around. We need good players.
Agreed but

I don't know if you could, hypothetically, make a Pegues + Pedulla backcourt work. Both are "true" PGs. Maybe Pedulla could kick to 2G but would he want to? IDK.

Back