MBB Transfer Portal Thread: Moser Year 4

Okay, there was a tweet that said UC Davis PG Ty Johnson is hitting the portal.

For whatever reason, the tweet was deleted.

If it becomes true...

Ty started his career at.....Loyola Chicago. He's from Chicago.

View attachment 1186

I can't get tweets to show. Weird.

Agreed but

I don't know if you could, hypothetically, make a Pegues + Pedulla backcourt work. Both are "true" PGs. Maybe Pedulla could kick to 2G but would he want to? IDK.
I would recruit both and if one commits, then decide whether to stop recruiting the other. This kid is better than Pedulla from what I’ve seen. I could be wrong but seems like more buzz about him.

I feel like it gets a little tricky comparing a P5 kid to a kid like Pegues. One can validate Pedulla's production. The only P5 competition Pegues played against this season was Arku and SCST.
Agreed. Pedulla has produced at a high level. I would take both though! :) I doubt that happens, but if we landed both, plus add in Overton and a big...then we have something to work with.

I feel like it gets a little tricky comparing a P5 kid to a kid like Pegues. One can validate Pedulla's production. The only P5 competition Pegues played against this season was Arku and SCST.
That’s a big part of what coaches are paid to do. Evaluate players. You have to evaluate high school kids who have never played any college competition. Pro teams have to evaluate players from all sorts of different conferences. The staff should be able to figure out whether his game translates to P5 basketball.

Back