MBB Transfer Portal Thread: Moser Year 4

You can go through the process and come back to college now. Doubtful he gets drafted so at worst it ll help highlight the areas Moore needs to improve on for next year.
This is one of the weakest drafts in recent history. If he wasn't on radars before, he could end up starting to show on them. Some teams may view him as a mid to late second round pick and as a developmental piece/g-league stash for a season or two. His g-league salary however should be less than what he'd make in NIL at OU, so we'd have that in our favor.

I think you can probably say the same about Oweh and JM
I hope people are prepared for Oweh and Uzan to play really well at their next stops. They are both really talented players that haven’t been unleashed @ OU for various reasons that we know about. Is what it is at this point, I’ve gotten past the point of being upset.

The way I read it is...

Going to go through the process and if it doesn't go well, he'll be back in Norman.

And I haven't seen Jalon on any draft boards.

In other words, I'm taking it as a "I'll be in Norman next year" announcement.
Someone on scoop pointed out that it will help him grow as a player, which is true. Hopefully he’s back and better than ever.

Moore will be back and if he remains healthy will have a great season in the sec.

I hope people are prepared for Oweh and Uzan to play really well at their next stops. They are both really talented players that haven’t been unleashed @ OU for various reasons that we know about. Is what it is at this point, I’ve gotten past the point of being upset.
Agreed. I think fans are gonna look back on this last season and be sick with how much talent Moser had but squandered.

I think Javian will have comparable production elsewhere. I don't think Oweh gets there unless he has a great staff developing him.
Oweh is a poor fit for the system Moser wants to run. If you let him run and get up and down the court using his athleticism he can be a really good asset.

Hard to be upset at him leaving, if I were in his position I would want to be in the position to utilize my skill set best. Uzan on the other hand….

I am already on record as predicting both will show sufficient growth at their next stops to make us regret (if we don't already) that they left.

Bad decision, I really doubt he will get drafted
It's a fantastic decision on his part. If he gets favorable feedback, then he can stay in the draft. If not, he'll know what he needs to work on for next year as he returns to OU or whatever college he chooses (hopefully OU). It's exactly what Max Abmas did last year.

It's a fantastic decision on his part. If he gets favorable feedback, then he can stay in the draft. If not, he'll know what he needs to work on for next year as he returns to OU or whatever college he chooses (hopefully OU). It's exactly what Max Abmas did last year.

fwiw OUI guys are saying they expect him back.

He will be back if he doesn't enter the portal
When is the portal deadline? That’s an important date. These players sit back and talk at the apartment. I suspect “I’m outta here bro” is a big topic.

When your coach tries to jump ship in such a public forum, it’s hard for retention.

Last edited:
I am already on record as predicting both will show sufficient growth at their next stops to make us regret (if we don't already) that they left.

If Oweh doesn't grow as a basketball player, then he's not taking it seriously. His basketball skills are extremely unpolished.

G JP Pegues, Furman​

INTEL: On Friday, Fruman transfer guard JP Pegues announced his final four schools. South Carolina, Florida, Auburn, and Oklahoma were the programs that made the cut. In speaking with one source close to the recruitment, they do not think this one is over. However, they do think that Auburn and Florida are the two schools in front as this list was posted. Another source suggested they thought Auburn carried momentum, with Florida and South Carolina fighting hard. Pegues has taken an official visit to South Carolina and Auburn. He has planned an official visit to Florida after the dead period ends. Things can change quickly, so continue to watch the visits.

G Milos Uzan, Oklahoma​

INTEL: Immediately upon Milos Uzan entering the transfer portal, Washington was a school I was told to pay attention to. However, after a couple of days have passed, Houston is a program that has jumped into the picture for the 6-foot-4 point guard originally from Las Vegas. I placed an early RPM for Uzan to Washington, however, as I have gathered more intel, I might walk that back as upcoming visits are taking place.

Want to talk about a good way to compare/measure player development at OU vs somewhere else (Houston in this case).....I think we'd quickly find out if the problem was Moser or Uzan.

Back