MBB Transfer Portal Thread: Moser Year 4

You can go through the process and come back to college now. Doubtful he gets drafted so at worst it ll help highlight the areas Moore needs to improve on for next year.
To clarify, he can go thru all of the pre-draft process stuff. There will be a date he'll have to withdraw from the draft, or stay in and not come back to OU whether drafted or not.

He cannot stay in the draft, go undrafted, and come back to OU, from my understanding.

I hope people are prepared for Oweh and Uzan to play really well at their next stops. They are both really talented players that haven’t been unleashed @ OU for various reasons that we know about. Is what it is at this point, I’ve gotten past the point of being upset.
Both are really athletic players. Uzan more talented than Oweh, but neither would I term as "really talented". And that is the problem. You'd think both would have high upside with some development, but that development doesn't seem to have been happening.

Oweh is a poor fit for the system Moser wants to run. If you let him run and get up and down the court using his athleticism he can be a really good asset.

Hard to be upset at him leaving, if I were in his position I would want to be in the position to utilize my skill set best. Uzan on the other hand….
I don't think Moser knows what he wants to run.

Need athletes that can defend in space. Got better athletes this year but didn't really use that on offense. Now we're recruiting smaller, less athletic, more skilled guards (at least early on).

Again, that is my problem with Moser. After three years I have no idea what he wants to run, how he wants to recruit to it, and how he can effectively recruit a roster and put it in the best position to win games. Those are pretty important things as a HC, and Moser seems to be changing them annually.

If OU is leading for 1 portal player does that give us 9 players ofr next season counting 2 FR and a couple of guys who got little or no playing time this past season?
Will Porter be going to the frat houses looking for walkons from the intermural league to fill out the roster so at least they can go 5 on 5 in practice?

I don't think Moser knows what he wants to run.

Need athletes that can defend in space. Got better athletes this year but didn't really use that on offense. Now we're recruiting smaller, less athletic, more skilled guards (at least early on).

Again, that is my problem with Moser. After three years I have no idea what he wants to run, how he wants to recruit to it, and how he can effectively recruit a roster and put it in the best position to win games. Those are pretty important things as a HC, and Moser seems to be changing them annually.
This. You nailed it. He’s just in over his head. He’s not good enough for Big 12 or SEC ball. That doesn’t make him a bad coach but just a bad fit.

If OU is leading for 1 portal player does that give us 9 players ofr next season counting 2 FR and a couple of guys who got little or no playing time this past season?
Will Porter be going to the frat houses looking for walkons from the intermural league to fill out the roster so at least they can go 5 on 5 in practice?
Is this a serious question/statement?? I can assure you, when it's all said and done, we will have at least 12 scholarship players. How many of us knew about Sherfield a couple of years ago until late in the process?? Last year, no one even knew we were looking at Jalon Moore until he committed. I guarantee you there are players that we are in contact with, that haven't even been mentioned. If it's June 1st, and we have just got one commitment...then you can be concerned.

Agreed. I think fans are gonna look back on this last season and be sick with how much talent Moser had but squandered.
I don’t think Oweh’s inability to dribble more than once is Mosers fault. For all the talk of “great athlete” he’s not a great basketball player and he can’t shoot the ball worth a chit.

I still think Uzan has potential but he’s a wallflower. Maybe another coach can get him to be a junkyard dog or maybe it’s just not in him.

As for talent, we have the 10th best roster in the Big12. That’s the truth.

I don’t think Oweh’s inability to dribble more than once is Mosers fault. For all the talk of “great athlete” he’s not a great basketball player and he can’t shoot the ball worth a chit.

I still think Uzan has potential but he’s a wallflower. Maybe another coach can get him to be a junkyard dog or maybe it’s just not in him.

As for talent, we have the 10th best roster in the Big12. That’s the truth.

I agree. The likelihood is there replacements will be lesser talented than them.

I agree. The likelihood is there replacements will be lesser talented than them.
Sadly, you’re probably correct. Moser hasn’t made the tourney yet at OU. The likelihood of him getting enough talent in the portal to finally make the tourney next season is slim. I think we’re a dead man walking and moser will be fired after next season. We’ll be starting over again.

Sadly, you’re probably correct. Moser hasn’t made the tourney yet at OU. The likelihood of him getting enough talent in the portal to finally make the tourney next season is slim. I think we’re a dead man walking and moser will be fired after next season. We’ll be starting over again.
Agree

I hope people are prepared for Oweh and Uzan to play really well at their next stops. They are both really talented players that haven’t been unleashed @ OU for various reasons that we know about. Is what it is at this point, I’ve gotten past the point of being upset.
They probably will, but because it's the natural course of their development. Both stepped into a larger role this past season, and over time as more tape was available, their weaknesses were exposed. Otega needs a full off-season to work on his handling and to remove that slight hitch in his shot. Milos is really good as a pick and roll ballhandler, but needs to study film of NBA point guards (Luka, Brunson, CP3) to learn learn how to play off both feet in the paint and to learn how to change pace on his drives. Some of this stuff isn't going to be fixed during the season.

If they make another leap, it doesn't mean it couldn't have happened here. We'll see how Moore, Cooper, Cole, Luke look next year. First full offseason for Paul Jesperson, and so far, it appears a blue blood isn't coming to poach one of the assistant coaches. The continuity with the assistant coaches should help this summer. Player development cratered under Lon after Henson and Hill left after the final four run. If the development isn't there next year, then yeah, Porter will be done.

Did I ever say that lol no

Nothing in my post is wrong
You clearly imply that he is going to stay in the draft, go undrafted, and end up in the G League. If that’s not the point of your post, then what is? There is zero downside for him entering him name, getting feedback, weighing his options, and then coming back to college. So why the “dammit” reaction?

Back