middle tennessee vs rice

sybarite

Reaction score
On TV right now in the CUSA finals. UVerse643 which is CBSSN. At the end of one,, Middle Tenn leads 22-17. They have no height, but are quicker at guardd. Nancy is doing well, blocked two, scored 8 has one or two rebounds. But, no support. Nancy is actually out front dribbling to establish control at times.

34-26 at the half. Only Mulkey showed up for Rice in the first half. 13 points 3 rebounds 5 blocks

Midway through the third quarter, Middle Tenn collapsed, couldn't hit a shot. Rice got offensive boards and ran away at the end. A 6-1, 6-0. 5-10. 5-8, 5-4 line was dwarfed. Rice threw 6-9, 6-1, 5-11, 5-8, 5-7 at them. The two tall ones for Rice killed Middle Tenn.

Nancy had 24 with 5 boards and 8 blocks. POY Ogwumike had 15, mostly off of free throws, 5-5. Lademarco hit a couple of threes at the right time.

69-54. Rice held them to 43-20 in the second half after they had won the first half.

Alex Johnson had 27 for Middle Tenn. The guards began strong. But, I don't think they hit a shot in the second half..

I was happy for Nancy. The game there fits her a lot better than the big-12 ever would have. It is so much slower and no height for her to deal with.

She was really emotional after the game - and actually threw a bit of shade at SC with her comments about her coach and the atmosphere on the Rice team.

It was interesting to see how youthful she seemed. Not in a bad way, but she just still seems like a very young kid. She made a good move IMHO.

Might have helped if Coales had hired a position coach to help Nancy instead of the great Colton.
But who needs a 6'9" center in women's basketball anyway? Certainly not OU. great
Two 3' 5" players with good values can make a center stacked on top of each other.

Or even 3 kids at 2 ft 6". ;)

If you have watched Nancy this year, it is unlikely she could ever have been very effective at center. She plays a lot out front even for Rice. She is pretty "frail" and methodical.

But even at that she would certainly have been a positive addition to our team this year.

But it was honestly a pretty good move for her. She seems really happy at Rice.

I watched the game. Was not that impressed with Rice. Don't think they are very close to a top 25 team.

Was a good game for Nancy. She passes well and has a nice touch on the ball. I alway thought Sherri should have gone high-low post with Nancy and ViVi. Nancy hits well enough from 15' in and that would have really released a lot of pressure from ViVi. She will probably never be a gread rebounder because she can not rebound out of position. She would definitely have helped OU this year.

Rice will probably have to play Baylor at Waco. What a reward for winning your conference championship. Mulkey vs. Mulkey.

Back