Mizzou is a HUGE opportunity

pnkranger

Reaction score
Here we are at a crossroads...we can continue to play off again, on again and maybe make the NIT if we're lucky. Or, we can man up, beat Mizzou at home and build some much needed momentum.

The problem is that Mizzou is one of the best defensive teams in the country and certainly turns teams over at a high rate. We need to have TMG handling the ball for the bulk of the time and really run our offense if we want to win.

This is a home game, yes? That will help a lot imo, but you are right. TMG needs to run point. Willie scares me right now. Not sure what's going on with him. He showed some flashes of being the old Willie agains OSU, but I'm still not feeling very confident about him.

I think we will pull it out at home. We may need a good crowd at this one. All in all we really need to protect home court in conference so these first two games are going to be important in setting the tone.

I just want to see more improvement. The one thing about Mizzou is they don't have the explosive scorers that we've seen this year. But I would still consider them a favorite.

I don't feel good about Mizzou and here is why:

-JT Tiller is the best defensive point guard in the conference, and is a senior. He is the most athletic and most physical point guard (and 6'3'' to top it off) that TMG has played against this year.

-WW will be defending Kim English, a 6'6'' up and coming star. He did good defending the Pride of Pawnee, but this is a different animal.

-Mizzou is very athletic in the paint. They are quick, can shoot, and are very athletic. I think they have the most athletic frontcourt OU has played yet this year. OU is big and slow, they are smaller and very athletic. Could be a bad matchup.

We won't be able to get away with playing 7 guys like we did against the pokes. I am scared TMG won't be able to get the ball over the top on the press.

We won't be able to get away with playing 7 guys like we did against the pokes. I am scared TMG won't be able to get the ball over the top on the press.

We got Capel's mustache and BGs Free Throw Coach on the same day! I'm thinking of changing my name to Joseph Szendrei's beard.

We're going to have to play our best game of the year by a good a margin to beat Missouri. They are downright ferocious defensively and their guards are quick with the ball on the offensive end.

I think OU wins. I like the matchup. Like someone said Mizzou doesn't have an explosive scorer. OU wins this one.

Willie is really going to have to play within himself and not try to force anything. Mizzou's guards have very quick hands, and they will eat him alive if he isn't under control.

It will certainly be a good ball handling test for Mason-Griffin.

Back