Moser on the Radio

cowboysooner

Reaction score
Moser was on the T-Row in the morning show today. I had to miss it. Any of you hear the interview willing to fill us in on what he said? Thanks.

I was listening. He was positive about the team and the learning process with the wall of sayings. Talked about defense and leadership.Talked about football and the move to the sec. IMO said nothing about who was excelling, really nothing informative other than about them as a group.

I was listening. He was positive about the team and the learning process with the wall of sayings. Talked about defense and leadership.Talked about football and the move to the sec. IMO said nothing about who was excelling, really nothing informative other than about them as a group.

Does anyone know if he holds open practices?

I sure hope so. That was one of my favorite things about Coach Kruger's tenure. I only got to attend one practice, but as I've posted before, I had a great time. If I lived locally, I could attended practice several times a year.

I have no inside info but I won’t hold my breath. Lon is about the only coach I’ve heard of doing that. Some coaches open up a practice once in a blue moon but not when they are doing anything meaningful.

I spoke with someone who has since left the staff and he said Moser was astonished that all practices were open and sounded pretty skeptical to continuing the practice. "Maybe every once in a while" was his quote I believe.

I spoke with someone who has since left the staff and he said Moser was astonished that all practices were open and sounded pretty skeptical to continuing the practice. "Maybe every once in a while" was his quote I believe.

I'll be in the minority camp, but I hope it's closed. I feel like closed just brings a different atmosphere

Billy had open Saturday morning scrimmages, that would make me happy.

Moser the most energetic coach/person I have ever met. No idea where it all comes from!

I'll be in the minority camp, but I hope it's closed. I feel like closed just brings a different atmosphere

I think the vast majority of coaches can’t have open practices because the things that happen in a typical practice would offend too many people, especially in this era. Lon is one of the only guys who behaves the same way behind closed doors that he does in public, so that wasn’t a concern for him. The other factor is that so many coaches are paranoid and think they need to be secretive. I love Lincoln Riley but he is one of the worst at not wanting any info out there. I remember hearing Lon say many times that he never worried about that because with all the video and data available these days, there really are no secrets anyway.

To you point, though, if a coach would have to change his behavior and personality in order to have an open practice, it probably wouldn’t be a good idea.

I think the vast majority of coaches can’t have open practices because the things that happen in a typical practice would offend too many people, especially in this era. Lon is one of the only guys who behaves the same way behind closed doors that he does in public, so that wasn’t a concern for him. The other factor is that so many coaches are paranoid and think they need to be secretive. I love Lincoln Riley but he is one of the worst at not wanting any info out there. I remember hearing Lon say many times that he never worried about that because with all the video and data available these days, there really are no secrets anyway.

To you point, though, if a coach would have to change his behavior and personality in order to have an open practice, it probably wouldn’t be a good idea.

When I was at the college level I don't think most people would have wanted to hear me at practices if they were open. LOL Although we would occasionally have people in it wasn't typical for us to have them. We never had true open practices but I never told anyone they couldn't be in the gym if they came by.

I think the vast majority of coaches can’t have open practices because the things that happen in a typical practice would offend too many people, especially in this era. Lon is one of the only guys who behaves the same way behind closed doors that he does in public, so that wasn’t a concern for him.

Besides Lon, Paul Hansen was a similar type person and coach. An extraordinary good person.

Moser the most energetic coach/person I have ever met. No idea where it all comes from!

If you paid me $2.8 million per year you would see a level of energy and enthusiasm out of me that would make your head spin.

Moser was at a coaching clinic in Arkansas today...alongside Chris Beard

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/ndosports/status/1441074285565685760?s=20[/TWEET]

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/ArbcacontactAr/status/1441075761226686470?s=20[/TWEET]

I have no problems with closed practices. That’s the way almost everyone does it. It’s probably the prudent thing to do. However, open scrimmages or practices once a week or so would also be good for fans and it could Foster more excitement for the program. It’s good for fans to see that from time to time.

Porter Tweeted about his experience at the RedRiverRivalry. I think he was in awe. LOL

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/PorterMoser/status/1447018929763848195[/TWEET]

Back