Most hated OU player in history?

thebigabd

Reaction score
And by hated, I mean by opposing fans. Kind of like how none of us like Byron Eaton, Jason Sullivan, Brian Boddicker, etc.

Which of our players have we loved, but opposing teams hated?

I have to believe the rest of the league hated Najera, but I don't know that for sure.

Reaves will be close...

I think folks hated spangler but maybe just my perception.

Eduardo Najera stands out as the one from Sampson era forward to me

And by hated, I mean by opposing fans. Kind of like how none of us like Byron Eaton, Jason Sullivan, Brian Boddicker, etc.

Which of our players have we loved, but opposing teams hated?

I have to believe the rest of the league hated Najera, but I don't know that for sure.

You forgot Steve Stipanovich and his sidekick, John Sundvold and "the flopper" from OSU. You could also throw in Kevin Durant.

It's Najera, hands down. I'm trying to think who would be #2.

Skeeter? and his 6 guns? lol....

that jason sutherland? from mu...what a punk.

Last edited:
An OU player, it’s got to be Eduardo. He liked it that way.

Jason Sutherland and Marcus Smart would be my pick for other Big 12 schools. I’m surprised no one has mentioned “The Flopper.”

An OU player, it’s got to be Eduardo. He liked it that way.

Jason Sutherland and Marcus Smart would be my pick for other Big 12 schools. I’m surprised no one has mentioned “The Flopper.”

I mentioned Smart, but I did not capitalize his name for he's a flopper (enuf said).

Skeeter? and his 6 guns? lol....

that jason sutherlan? from mu...what a punk.

Yes, Skeeter. Excellent choice for #2. However, if we were to include coaches, Billy Tubbs may vault right to the top. While he had a great sense of humor, he made his fair share of enemies due to his style of running up the score.

Najera is my immediate answer. I don't know about "hated" and I'm going back a ways, but the following players drew some occasional ire from opposing fans:
  • Kermit Holmes
  • Skeeter Henry
  • Tim McCalister
  • Renzi Stone
  • Tony Martin (I guess he was too good of a dancer)

If I was one of the above players, I would take it as a compliment.

Some that come to mind to me (in no particular order):

1) Tim Heskett
2) Najera
3) Skeeter Henry
4) John Ontjes (who doesn't hate the whites guy who can flat out ball, but isn't athletic...he's still one of my fav PG's to play at OU)
5) WIllie Warren
6) Blake Griffin
7) Ken Conley
8) Angelo Hamilton
9) Calvin Curry
10) Mookie (only because he was so damn good and could pick pocket your mom w/o her knowing it)

Some that come to mind to me (in no particular order):

1) Tim Heskett
2) Najera
3) Skeeter Henry
4) John Ontjes (who doesn't hate the whites guy who can flat out ball, but isn't athletic...he's still one of my fav PG's to play at OU)
5) WIllie Warren
6) Blake Griffin
7) Ken Conley
8) Angelo Hamilton
9) Calvin Curry
10) Mookie (only because he was so damn good and could pick pocket your mom w/o her knowing it)

good call on Tim Heskett he was very very disliked

Who was that ugly MOFO from UT a few years back?

And I still hate TJ Ford.

Back