My thoughts on transfers, coaches, etc

Odomes is not a good defender. He looks like a good defender on this team because in the land of the blind the one-eyed man is king.

So when Chris Beard had film of Odomes and used him as an example to help demonstrate how to play defense to his team was a joke?

I watched Odomes get schooled repeatedly all year long. He's not a good defender.

I watched Odomes get schooled repeatedly all year long. He's not a good defender.

He typically had the toughest assignment and was usually a lot bigger than his opponent. He is a good defender. His offense needs a lot of work though.

For all of you who spend so much time bashing every coach and player in the program, I'd be curious...is there anyone you can find a single positive thing about? My friends consider me extremely pessimist when it comes to the teams I follow, but I am Mr. Sunshine compared to so many people on this board. Fair criticism is one thing, but to ***** and moan about every aspect of every player and coach is just unbelievable.

For all of you who spend so much time bashing every coach and player in the program, I'd be curious...is there anyone you can find a single positive thing about? My friends consider me extremely pessimist when it comes to the teams I follow, but I am Mr. Sunshine compared to so many people on this board. Fair criticism is one thing, but to ***** and moan about every aspect of every player and coach is just unbelievable.

Lon runs a clean program.

It is not your call for starters. Secondly, this is the internet where there are few, if any, limits to how or why people will respond to certain stimuli. Thirdly, attempting to realistically measure your own self comparatively to others in a pragmatic and reasonable manner will always fall on deaf ears. And lastly, you are grouping all of the posters who are critical of something together as if they are one individual when that is the farthest thing from the truth.

He typically had the toughest assignment and was usually a lot bigger than his opponent. He is a good defender. His offense needs a lot of work though.

OU switches too much for any defender to have the toughest assignment.

Odomes gives up way to much space to ball handlers especially in ball screen situations he never forces people to the shot blocker Andy give some up easy threes going under screens ... average defender

Odomes is a decent defender but not great. He was easily our best.

It sounds like Matt Freeman is going to stay at OU.

That was 1960-64. Know anything about those teams?

not the least...I came into this world 1964 :woot

I started in the Tisdale years (didn't go to OU but grew up in the 70's with OU fball)

Back