Nancy Mulkey

bluesooner17

Reaction score
I found the below info on our new recruit:

Nancy Mulkey blocked three shots and grabbed five rebounds for the USA against Mali.

•Center
•6-9
•Cypress Woods High School (2016)
•Cypress, Texas

USA Basketball Notes
•Gold Medals: 2014 FIBA U17 World Championship, 2013 FIBA Americas U16 Championship.
•Member of the 2014 USA Basketball U17 World Championship Team that posted a perfect 7-0 record and captured the gold medal at the 2014 FIBA U17 World Championship in the Czech Republic. Averaged 2.0 ppg. and 2.6 rpg. Was perfect at the free-throw line connecting on all six attempts. Recorded 10 blocks to finish second on the team, behind only Lauren Cox (19).

•Member of the 2013 USA Basketball Women’s U16 National Team, started training camp with the team as an alternate; at the 2013 FIBA Americas U16 Championship that was played June 19-23 in Cancun, Mexico, played in four games and averaged 6.3 ppg. and 1.3 rpg. to help the USA to a 5-0 record, a gold medal and a berth into the 2014 FIBA U17 World Championship.

High School Honors
•District 17-5A Defensive Player of the Year (2013).

High School Notes
•Has played four varsity seasons at Cypress Woods High School in Cypress, Texas, including varsity seasons as a seventh grader in 2010-11 and an eighth grader in 2011-12.
•Has 60 career starts and lists career totals of 420 points, 255 rebounds, 25 assists, 29 steals and 220 blocked shots.
•Lists career shooting percentages of 42.0 percent from the field and 69.0 percent from the line.
•Lists a career game of 23 points, five rebounds and 10 blocked shots versus Pearland in a regional semifinal in February 2014.
•As a sophomore in 2013-14, averaged 7.6 ppg., 5.8 rpg. and 3.8 bpg. to help her team to a 32-6 record.
•As a freshman in 2012-13, averaged 9.6 ppg., 7.8 rpg. and 4.6 bpg. to help her team to a district championship.
•Plays in the summers for Cy-Fair Shock Ogwumike and won the 2013 Nike National Championship.
•Also plays volleyball.

Personal Notes
•Born on Jan. 8, 1998, in Atlanta, Georgia, to the late Allan Mulkey and Dolores Mulkey, stepfather is Alan Kramer; has an older brother, John Bootz (20), who is 7-foot, and a younger brother, Allan Mulkey (15), who is 6-foot-9.

•Goes by the nickname of, “Nance.”
• Moved from Bowling Green, Kentucky, to Texas prior to her freshman year of high school.

•Started playing basketball when she was in third grade.
•Late father, Allan Mulkey Sr., served in the U.S. Air Force.

•Mother, 6-foot-7 Dolores Bootz-Mulkey, played at Georgia Tech, where she is the record holder in scoring average (18.9 ppg.), career field goal percentage (.593) and blocked shots (245), and for the South Team in the 1986 U.S. Olympic Festival, where she finished 4-0 for a gold medal; aunt, 6-foot-7 Barbara Bootz, played for Georgia and on the 1985 USA U19 World Championship Team that finished with a 4-2 record and in fifth place and for the South Team in the 1985 U.S. Olympic Festival, capturing a 3-1 record and gold medal.
•Grew almost nine inches in a two-year span.
• Is right-handed and wears No. 32 because my mom wore that number in high school and in college at Georgia Tech.

•Favorite food: Chicken salad.

•Favorite class: Math.

•Favorite player: Odyssey Sims.

•Favorite Olympian: Teresa Edwards.

•Most played song: Billy Currington, “We Are Tonight.”

•Must-have pregame meal or snack: Ice cream.

•Piece of clothing you cannot live without: T-shirts.

•Best player you have faced: Brianna Turner in the regional finals sophomore year. She’s a great player.

•Away from the court you enjoy: Sleeping, eating and texting.

•Most people do not know: I am a germa-phobe, and I’m addicted to Nike and have 21 pairs of shoes.

•Most interesting place you have visited: Washington, D.C.

•Superstitious about: Putting my left sock on first.

Back