Nathan Rawlins-Kibonge is counting down the days...

AdaSooner

Admin Emeritus
Reaction score
until he gets to Oklahoma. NRK is a football commit, a 6’ 7” 247 defensive end. But he also plans to play basketball at OU. Basketball was his primary focus until he decided to give football a try his senior season in high school. He was committed to play basketball at Washington State before he shot up in the rankings as a rush end in football. This article says he will be at OU in January, and he still plans to play both sports.

https://247sports.com/Article/Four-...nge-Oklahoma-Sooners-Lincoln-Riley-153268099/

Basketball highlight video his junior season at Jefferson High in Portland, Oregon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFoaCrUr7CY

I would suspect with Covid limiting the nature of things to do it will free up more time for him to focus on studies and sports thus allowing him to play both in at least the short term.

I would suspect with Covid limiting the nature of things to do it will free up more time for him to focus on studies and sports thus allowing him to play both in at least the short term.

julius peppers is the best case

I'll believe it when i see it. But only sounds like a win-win to me.

Someone remind me.. doesnt the scholly have to count against basketball schollies or can a school divy that up how they want?

I'll believe it when i see it. But only sounds like a win-win to me.

Someone remind me.. doesnt the scholly have to count against basketball schollies or can a school divy that up how they want?

He’s on a football scholarship but a walk on basketball player

Regardless of whether he plays for us, it nevers hurts to go against a 6'7", 247 pound elite athlete in practice.

If he gets good enough at football he'll be "encouraged" but the football staff to no longer play basketball. My guess is he only plays 1 maaaaaybe 2 years at the most of hoops.

If he gets good enough at football he'll be "encouraged" but the football staff to no longer play basketball. My guess is he only plays 1 maaaaaybe 2 years at the most of hoops.

Most definitely will at some point pick what his future is in... If there is a next level...

Regardless of whether he plays for us, it nevers hurts to go against a 6'7", 247 pound elite athlete in practice.

My thoughts exactly as I watched his video.

I also smiled as I got a picture of NRK and Victor in the same lineup. That’s a battle I would love to see, even if it was in practice. :)

Kyler Murray says Hello....:ez-roll:

before ya get your panties in a wad...I know...no comparison.

Kyler Murray says Hello....:ez-roll:

before ya get your panties in a wad...I know...no comparison.

Kyler Murray was a kind of unicorn in comparison to almost any dual sport athlete ever. Heisman winner and 1st round pick in football and baseball. I can't recall another notable football player playing 2 sports at OU. Cody Thomas played both, but was not a notable FB player. My thought is the staff let Murray play both so that they wouldn't lose him to baseball. But Riley may be more flexible than Bob was with 2 sport athletes. Or maybe they're not concerned about players getting injured playing baseball as much as they are basketball. Incoming Freshman Cade Horton will play both Football and Baseball.

Football and baseball on a lot easier to play. Then basketball and football. Football for Oklahoma is not over until the first week of January. Basketball starts in mid November games wise

Football and baseball on a lot easier to play. Then basketball and football. Football for Oklahoma is not over until the first week of January. Basketball starts in mid November games wise

Coach....there's no need to be logical :ez-laugh:

Ronald Curry and Julius Peppers found a way to play basketball and football back in the day at UNC. Both players were drafted by the NFL when their college careers were over. UNC recruit, Keeshawn Silver, plans to do the same thing this season.

Dual sport athletes are rare, mainly because most of them aren’t good enough to play two sports at a D1 level. Still, it can be done if the coaches sign off on the idea, and if a student athlete can handle the classroom work while participating in two sports.

good Lord....

I said no comparison ....lol

damn...:ez-roll:

I can’t recall his basketball stat line but it was impressive .. enough so he was going D1 in hoops ...

good Lord....

I said no comparison ....lol

damn...:ez-roll:

It's a tough crowd when people are literally out for blood. It's sad. I knew stating "no comparison" would be viewed upon as if it were written in disappearing ink.

I can’t recall his basketball stat line but it was impressive .. enough so he was going D1 in hoops ...

15 points and 14 rebounds as a junior for one of the best high school teams in Oregon.

It's a tough crowd when people are literally out for blood. It's sad. I knew stating "no comparison" would be viewed upon as if it were written in disappearing ink.

I dont see anyone out for blood here. Was a post deleted or something?

Back