Nathan Rawlins-Kibonge

If he was a receiver, running back, or even defensive back i'd be all in for it. But his position needs year round strength and conditioning, if he's going to be worth anything in football. He's already slight of build, and will need the OU strength coaches to stay on him. Leaving for basketball when he should be weight training during the off season could really set him back.

Basketball guys lift as well.

Very few players who start out playing 2 sports play both sports for their entire career. If he's a worthy recruit in both sports, I wouldn't have any problem with it. He'll decide which one he wants to stick with.

Very few players who start out playing 2 sports play both sports for their entire career. If he's a worthy recruit in both sports, I wouldn't have any problem with it. He'll decide which one he wants to stick with.

very few try

The way football players lift during their offseason and basketball players lift during their season is like apples and elephants.

Ou football offseason starts in early January. Basketball offseason start late March. He’d be fine lifting football after ncaa tournament till aug 1.

He’ll be alright. Don’t go full ou muscle head on us...

Ou football offseason starts in early January. Basketball offseason start late March. He’d be fine lifting football after ncaa tournament till aug 1.

He’ll be alright. Don’t go full ou muscle head on us...

Full ou muscle head. Why do you feel compelled to say stuff like that?

This isn't an argument. They are doing this to sign him, Lon was simply helping out. I'd put it at 85% that he won't ever play both sports at OU. By the slim chance he does, it will consist of him sitting on the bench in both. Now, it's possible he could choose basketball. But 100% he isn't on both teams past his first year, if even at all in the beginning.

From this ou muscle head, you can take that to the bank.

This isn't an argument. They are doing this to sign him, Lon was simply helping out. I'd put it at 85% that he won't ever play both sports at OU. By the slim chance he does, it will consist of him sitting on the bench in both. Now, it's possible he could choose basketball. But 100% he isn't on both teams past his first year, if even at all in the beginning.

You got any eligibility, MH? ;)

very few try

You’re right, not many do. But, there have been more than I realized. Here’s a link to the topic.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1224122-the-20-best-two-sport-stars-in-college-football-history

I knew Julius Peppers played BB as well as FB at UNC. He played both sports well, too. Didn’t the Tarheels have a guard around that time who played both sports?

EDIT: Remembered it. Ronald Curry played FB and BB at UNC. He’s not on that list.

Didn’t mean disrespect. It’s Just a saying....

I tend to agree. He’ll have to pick.

Ou has proven to at least try with 2 sport guys. Obviously football baseball.

Who do you feel compelled to predict the future (thereby implying that Coach Kruger is basically lying to NRK)? Why not wait it out and see what happens? As Ada points out, it's not unheard of for a player to compete in two sports, so who's to say NRK won't prove to be one of those exceptions?

It would be difficult to play football and basketball at the same time. Football and baseball is tough enough and they don’t really overlap, except for spring ball.

It would be difficult to play football and basketball at the same time. Football and baseball is tough enough and they don’t really overlap, except for spring ball.

Definitely difficult but not impossible.

As an aside, I agree with Skyvue about Coach Kruger’s involvement in NRK’s recruitment. Doing it to improve the football team’s chances of signing him is not Lon’s style. He’s too much of a stand up guy to be disingenuous in using those tactics in recruiting.

He’s a football guy. Would be a great basketball practice body, better than any walk-on big anyone could get.

Didn’t mean disrespect. It’s Just a saying....

I tend to agree. He’ll have to pick.

Ou has proven to at least try with 2 sport guys. Obviously football baseball.

I didn't either, all good.

But again, football-baseball is much different that football-basketball. Look, i'm rooting for the kid to have a great career in anything he wants to at OU. I'm a little torn, I love the idea of a 6-7 long defensive end disrupting passing lanes. But I also love the idea of a 6-7 banger helping the hoopsters for 4 years.

basketball always gets the shaft in these deals.

lots of guys have done it ....

You’re right, not many do. But, there have been more than I realized. Here’s a link to the topic.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1224122-the-20-best-two-sport-stars-in-college-football-history

I knew Julius Peppers played BB as well as FB at UNC. He played both sports well, too. Didn’t the Tarheels have a guard around that time who played both sports?

EDIT: Remembered it. Ronald Curry played FB and BB at UNC. He’s not on that list.

curry was the mvp of the mcdAA game and most thought he would be a nba guy

he eventually played in the NFL as a WR

Back