NBADraft.net has Willie at #10

:ez-laugh:

I expect him to be a lottery pick easy, but it is hard to tell exactly where he will go. It depends on what he shows this season. I could see him being a Westbrook-esque combo guard, athletic, finishes extremely well after contact, but Willie has range that RW can only dream about. He also has a gunner's mentality that NBA teams love.

If OU gets back to the Elite Eight or beyond, I would not be surprised to see him go in the top 5, especially if he shows he can carry the team as primarily a 1.

If OU gets back to the Elite Eight or beyond, I would not be surprised to see him go in the top 5, especially if he shows he can carry the team as primarily a 1.

if we make the Sweet 16 we've had a great year. Willie will get his, but i don't see more than the round of 16. outside Crock and Warren, there's a lot of inexperience.

That's not a good mock draft. NBAdraft.net has been known for its bad draft projections.

That does not look like a very impressive draft. Everyone was calling this years draft class weak, but I don't think next years is much better.

if we make the Sweet 16 we've had a great year. Willie will get his, but i don't see more than the round of 16. outside Crock and Warren, there's a lot of inexperience.

Our strength last year was inside. Next year it will be the guards. In fact we are almost the exact opposite. Last year we had a POY candidate on the inside and a new highly touted guard. This year we have a POY guard and a highly touted inside player (Gallon). The really x-factor is TMG. I think he is a significant improvement over Johnson at the point offensively (Johnson as a two-guard was actually pretty darn good at times). Johnson was probably our best defender last year so we do lose a little bit on defense. In short, next year to be successful we will probably have to push the ball a little more and rely on forcing our opponents into bad shots instead of working the ball inside and playing straight up defense looking to rebound.

I'm predicting a Final Four because guard play wins games in the tournament. And we will have stellar guard play.

Because everyone knows they update their drafts right before the draft. Their Draft projections change so much it's hard to keep up with.

So what you are saying is they aren't good at predicting drafts 12-18 months in advance? How dare them. :ez-laugh:

I'd love to see you project out the 2010 draft today and be held accountable for it. It's pretty tough to do.

So what you are saying is they aren't good at predicting drafts 12-18 months in advance? How dare them. :ez-laugh:

I'd love to see you project out the 2010 draft today and be held accountable for it. It's pretty tough to do.

I remember them having Longar in the first round.

Anybody that thought there was anything first roundish about Longar should give up their basketball expertise card.

Anybody that thought there was anything first roundish about Longar should give up their basketball expertise card.

Prior to his leg injury, he might have been at the fringe. He was playing some great ball early in his Sr year. Its too bad he never recovered quickly enough from that.

Prior to his leg injury, he might have been at the fringe. He was playing some great ball early in his Sr year. Its too bad he never recovered quickly enough from that.

He made great improvement and I like him as a player.

He did improve but he was never 1st round material. His game just wasn't made for the NBA...he wasn't strong enough and very mechanical. He'd have been eaten up in the league. That's why he hasn't got a look.

From what BT has talked about and a few other friends I know. Willie will probably end up the top point guard in the draft next year.

From what BT has talked about and a few other friends I know. Willie will probably end up the top point guard in the draft next year.

Wait...I thought some of us were crazy saying WW was a PG. :clap

Back