NCAA Tournament Bubble Watch

A win over WVU cements the position.... a loss to WVU slips OU further off the bubble. Every game critical at this point.

We are plummeting in the NET ranking. Before the Tech game, we were #49....we are now down to #57. Have to find a way to win a couple against the top 4 in this conference. Otherwise, we will continue to sweat.

We are plummeting in the NET ranking. Before the Tech game, we were #49....we are now down to #57. Have to find a way to win a couple against the top 4 in this conference. Otherwise, we will continue to sweat.

5 more wins and OU is a lock

4 more they are right on the bubble

i don't think it's quite as "either/or" with us and Tech. i think they will play themselves in comfortably....they are improving, Beard is a story people like.

us, hard to say, but beating either BU and WVU at home is very important......lose to them both and we are out.

us, hard to say, but beating either BU and WVU at home is very important......lose to them both and we are out.

Wrong. Get to 8 and we are in regardless of who we beat. We will have a terrible seed but still in.

5 more wins and OU is a lock

4 more they are right on the bubble

I agree, but I would be more comfortable if at least three of those above wins would come in Q-1 games. Q-1 opportunities left:

Baylor (2)
@Kansas (4)
West Virginia (8)
@West Virginia (8)
Texas Tech (25)
@TCU (72)
@Oklahoma St. (74)

We only have (2) Q-2 games left as of now. However, both OSU and TCU could easily slide into Q-2 (75+ NET) territory by the time we play them with any further losses.

Wrong. Get to 8 and we are in regardless of who we beat. We will have a terrible seed but still in.
This tone is becoming more and more prevalent around here. It's just so condescending.

How about:

"I disagree. I think we've got a really good shot if we make it to eight conference wins. It'll be a really low seed, but I think 8-10 gets us in."

I've been posting on these boards for nearly 20 years and I'm tired of seeing my friends get this type of treatment just because they're not as gung-ho on Lon as you'd hope them to be.

Meh. Maybe I was a bit too harsh I can agree with that.

Also. It’s not personal. Don’t take it that way.

Finally, I’m not pro or con Lon. I’ve said that before. If he retires great. But I’m also not openly rooting for him to get fired.

Also depends a lot on what other teams do... Texas, Arkansas, Tulsa, Minnesota, and many others. If Tulsa wins their next 4 games (against inferior opponents) and gets to 19-6 with 3 wins over ranked teams, they might steal a bid from a team on the bubble.

What teams are the most dangerous out there in terms of stealing bids from high majors?

Also depends a lot on what other teams do... Texas, Arkansas, Tulsa, Minnesota, and many others. If Tulsa wins their next 4 games (against inferior opponents) and gets to 19-6 with 3 wins over ranked teams, they might steal a bid from a team on the bubble.

What teams are the most dangerous out there in terms of stealing bids from high majors?

It would likely expand the bubble if these three "low to mid" major teams could win their conference tournaments: Northern Iowa, Yale, and East Tennessee State. Not saying these teams would steal a bid necessarily, but it would bring a little more comfort to P5/P6 bubble teams if those three teams took care of business.

Then there are teams like Tulsa, Richmond, Cincinnati, Providence and Utah State. All of them are playing better, but still are on the outside looking in, yet are certainly capable of winning their conference tournaments and stealing a bid.

i don't think it's quite as "either/or" with us and Tech. i think they will play themselves in comfortably....they are improving, Beard is a story people like.

Got to remember they struggled big time when Ramsey was out or hobbled. We saw how valuable he is to them, best player & 1st rounder.

This tone is becoming more and more prevalent around here. It's just so condescending.

How about:

I've been posting on these boards for nearly 20 years and I'm tired of seeing my friends get this type of treatment just because they're not as gung-ho on Lon as you'd hope them to be.

I've been posting for many years, too, and have seen many relentlessly negative posters rush to dispute or even shout down even the mildest of positive posts. I don't say that to negate your point -- I'm sure the glass-half-full crowd, me included, could be more civil at times. But rest assured that the same is true of the GHE bunch.

There have been a number of occasions that I have gently and respectfully, as you have done above, suggested ways to phrase the critiques so that they might be less off-putting or confrontational -- all to no avail.

There are victories after which one is hard-pressed to find a thread here in which to celebrate the win and when one starts such a thread, GHE posters soon rush in to poison it. Let me reiterate that: This happens after victories.

Most of us in the GHF crowd have learned to avoid in-game threads altogether. MsSooner, one of the best and most respected posters on this board (in my eyes, anyway), said just recently that she avoids the game threads. In my eyes, that's a damn shame. I wouldn't trade her contributions to this board for a dozen of the rest of us (me included).

In short, I'm here to tell you, with sincere respect for you and all you've brought to this board, that it goes both ways.

Perhaps we should all, no matter how how much liquid is or is not in our glasses, hit the reset button (especially in regards to ongoing feuds people have) and commit to some more civility. As Sooner04, Skyvue, and others have said... the behavior of a few is running off good posters on both sides of the fence. None of us should find that acceptable.

I've been posting for many years, too, and have seen many relentlessly negative posters rush to dispute or even shout down even the mildest of positive posts. I don't say that to negate your point -- I'm sure the glass-half-full crowd, me included, could be more civil at times. But rest assured that the same is true of the GHE bunch.

There have been a number of occasions that I have gently and respectfully, as you have done above, suggested ways to phrase the critiques so that they might be less off-putting or confrontational -- all to no avail.

There are victories after which one is hard-pressed to find a thread here in which to celebrate the win and when one starts such a thread, GHE posters soon rush in to poison it. Let me reiterate that: This happens after victories.

Most of us in the GHF crowd have learned to avoid in-game threads altogether. MsSooner, one of the best and most respected posters on this board (in my eyes, anyway), said just recently that she avoids the game threads. In my eyes, that's a damn shame. I wouldn't trade her contributions to this board for a dozen of the rest of us (me included).

In short, I'm here to tell you, with sincere respect for you and all you've brought to this board, that it goes both ways.

Some things you stated are points to be made, but people in general tend to take some things for granted and refuse to pound their chest about it. One example would be good health, for most do not relish it until they are under the weather and feeling quite miserable, and then they become chronic complainers wishing for better days ahead and when that time comes they resort back to taking the very same things for granted. It is how people are wired and until a new schematic is created it will continue to be one in the same.

Perhaps we should all, no matter how how much liquid is or is not in our glasses, hit the reset button (especially in regards to ongoing feuds people have) and commit to some more civility. As Sooner04, Skyvue, and others have said... the behavior of a few is running off good posters on both sides of the fence. None of us should find that acceptable.

this is a great idea and something i will try to do as well ..

Cmon guys! Arguing, backbiting and name calling is what message boards are all about! Politics, religion, sports. We all talk about these things on a daily basis and most of it is in a negative light. Even marriage and relationships. If there are no arguments in a relationship, someone is suppressing their feelings. Suppression leads to fear. Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. We don’t want anyone to suffer, do we? And think about it; nobody wants to see a car accident, but when you go past one, you look, don’t you? Don’t take away my car crash!,

Cmon guys! Arguing, backbiting and name calling is what message boards are all about! Politics, religion, sports. We all talk about these things on a daily basis and most of it is in a negative light. Even marriage and relationships. If there are no arguments in a relationship, someone is suppressing their feelings. Suppression leads to fear. Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. We don’t want anyone to suffer, do we? And think about it; nobody wants to see a car accident, but when you go past one, you look, don’t you? Don’t take away my car crash!,

Ahahahahaha! Made my friday AM better. Good stuff hahahahaha

Back