NCAA Tournament - Friday Game Thread

WTSooner

Reaction score
A lot less interesting games today (to me at least).

I have VCU over Saint Mary's, which is not uncommon I'm sure.

Maybe Vermont can hang with Marquette? I don't trust Marquette, but I don't think this Vermont team is as good as the one(s) that made a little noise a few years back.

Pittsburgh isn't very good, so I have ISU in that one. Though one of two play-in teams (Arizona State and Pitt) have historically won in this round, and I think one often makes the Sweet 16. I've gone with ASU as the team that will do that (win this round).

UCONN better play good D because Iona has a few guys that can really shoot it.

I think I went with Providence over UK in most brackets.

No strong feelings about Miami/Drake. If Miami is healthy, they should be good?

FL Atlantic vs Memphis should be a good one. I actually like the winner of that game to beat Purdue, or at least given them a scare.

As I mentioned above, I have ASU over TCU, b/c I felt like history suggested I needed to advance one of those play-in teams.

My only interest today is Daniss Jenkins at Iona against UCONN. He was my juco guy from last year that we didn't offer who is in the NCAA Tournament on a 27 win Iona team. Averaging 16 points, 5 assists, and 4.5 rebounds per game.

Meanwhile, we went to Germany for Benny Schroder who played about 39 seconds this year and transferred.

Colossal recruiting failure.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/status/1636742781614845957?s=20[/TWEET]

A lot less interesting games today (to me at least).

I have VCU over Saint Mary's, which is not uncommon I'm sure.

Maybe Vermont can hang with Marquette? I don't trust Marquette, but I don't think this Vermont team is as good as the one(s) that made a little noise a few years back.

Pittsburgh isn't very good, so I have ISU in that one. Though one of two play-in teams (Arizona State and Pitt) have historically won in this round, and I think one often makes the Sweet 16. I've gone with ASU as the team that will do that (win this round).

UCONN better play good D because Iona has a few guys that can really shoot it.

I think I went with Providence over UK in most brackets.

No strong feelings about Miami/Drake. If Miami is healthy, they should be good?

FL Atlantic vs Memphis should be a good one. I actually like the winner of that game to beat Purdue, or at least given them a scare.

As I mentioned above, I have ASU over TCU, b/c I felt like history suggested I needed to advance one of those play-in teams.

I sold Iona bc i think pitino may be looking ahead to his next job

I sold Iona bc i think pitino may be looking ahead to his next job

What will be funny about that is that he claims he is super happy at this level just focusing on coaching and mentoring and not all the politics, media, etc that comes with a P5 job. We will see if he really feels that way.

I love Mike Anderson, but he was a weird fit for St. Johns. He spent his entire career in this area. I'd hire him over Porter Moser in a heartbeat at OU. He would be a great, experienced hand for OU to transition into the SEC. He has a lot of experience in the league and recruits very well in this area.

What will be funny about that is that he claims he is super happy at this level just focusing on coaching and mentoring and not all the politics, media, etc that comes with a P5 job. We will see if he really feels that way.

I love Mike Anderson, but he was a weird fit for St. Johns. He spent his entire career in this area. I'd hire him over Porter Moser in a heartbeat at OU. He would be a great, experienced hand for OU to transition into the SEC. He has a lot of experience in the league and recruits very well in this area.

lol

Kinnesaw State leads Xavier by 7 late in the 1st half.

i'm here for ajay mitchell against baylor because he has the kind of mid range/paint game that i would love for uzan to add. but dang baylor is forcing the ball out of his hands almost every possession.

Dude you're crazy lol

UCSB up 4. Kinnesaw State up double digits.

Xavier making a come back. UCSB up on Baylor at the half.

When I was coaching hs ball …Anderson was one of the guys at our coaches clinic… Sampson was here as well one year…

I could barely understand anything Anderson said, let alone the clinic was hosted by a Catholic HS and about every other word Anderson used was a cuss word, usually GD…��

Kennesaw vs Xavier is about to have a great finish.

Big block by Xavier is gonna basically win it.

Iowa State is on pace to score about 10 points.

Back