***New Commitment: 2011 C Richard Peters (6'10" 225)

Coach Cline won him over! It is absolutely imperative we keep him on the staff with Capel! Those two together are a recruiting dream!!

This comes from a poster over on Soonerscoop.com that I respect, and that has some pretty good recruiting ties. Here are his thoughts on Peters:

Guys, take my word on this....it doesn't matter at all where he's ranked NOW. Come his soph year folks will be hoping that he stays for his Jr year (and he will as he will need it to get an O game going). He will be in the top three nationally for blocks and he'll have a rep as THE D stopper in the lane and he'll be a fierce rebounder. He has very long arms from what I was told. He will come out of nowhere and be able to put up double digits on O in his Jr year and on occasion will score 20 on some of the lower ranked teams. Our whole team D will get better because we can take more chances with HIM in the lane and backing everyone up on D. He's got very quick feet and hands. He's only played for like 4 years now and he'll grow up and get better before our own eyes.

I'll take him over some of the top ranked kids who will stay for one year or maybe two and then leave. I LOVE getting a project like this who will keep growing and growing and you get three years from them usually.

This comes from a poster over on Soonerscoop.com that I respect, and that has some pretty good recruiting ties. Here are his thoughts on Peters:
That is from the same poster who claims that Thabeet will average 16 points and 15 rebounds per game in the NBA along with 10 free throw attempts per game (he's also a big UConn fan). He's not a bad guy or anything, but he is a huge homer, so I would take all of that with a grain of salt.

That is from the same poster who claims that Thabeet will average 16 points and 15 rebounds per game in the NBA along with 10 free throw attempts per game (he's also a big UConn fan). He's not a bad guy or anything, but he is a huge homer, so I would take all of that with a grain of salt.

Well crap. I guess I have never really noticed his UCONN bias. Does he post over here, smash. If not, could you let him know about this place?

Back