New NCAA Roster Rule

cowboysooner

Reaction score
Just read where the NCAA has or is going to issue a new rule allowing only 15 man rosters and allowing all of them to be scholarship players. If this is correct, I wonder if this will effect us. BTW, just saw a headline and haven't read the specifics so I don't know when this is suppose to take effect.

Just read where the NCAA has or is going to issue a new rule allowing only 15 man rosters and allowing all of them to be scholarship players. If this is correct, I wonder if this will effect us. BTW, just saw a headline and haven't read the specifics so I don't know when this is suppose to take effect.
it destroys old school walkons .... that are just practice guys that are not really good enough to play ... (they will likely just become team managers )

Discussion also here:

it destroys old school walkons .... that are just practice guys that are not really good enough to play ... (they will likely just become team managers )
Kind of sad. That's been a big part of college basketball tradition... blowing someone out and emptying your bench to the chant of some walkon's name... Ski... Longar Longar. Good to have two more schollies but will miss that aspect.

Kind of sad. That's been a big part of college basketball tradition... blowing someone out and emptying your bench to the chant of some walkon's name... Ski... Longar Longar. Good to have two more schollies but will miss that aspect.
There will still be human victory cigars, but they will all be on scholarship (like Longar and Oleg were)

I’m not sure how much this changes anything. The guys at the end of the bench will be on scholarships instead of walking on. With the portal and high turnover, you’re not having a lot of talent sitting at the end of the bench. Nobody sits and waits their turn anymore. So, Walk-ons will be redefined as scholarship players.

Back