New Scout.com 2010 rankings out.

Harrison Barnes at 1.
Will Barton at 10.
Luke Cothron at 16.
Ray McCallum at 21.
Phil Pressey at 23.
Cameron Clark at 26.

6 Players in the Top 26 have at least an interest in OU. Great News! If we could land Clark, Barnes and either McCallum or Pressey we would be set.

Harrison Barnes at 1.
Will Barton at 10.
Luke Cothron at 16.
Ray McCallum at 21.
Phil Pressey at 23.
Cameron Clark at 26.

6 Players in the Top 26 have at least an interest in OU. Great News! If we could land Clark, Barnes and either McCallum or Pressey we would be set.

I never thought I would see the day when OU would sign McDonald's All-Americans in three straight classes and two in one year. I'm not sure I can handle the excitement if Capel and the boys make it four straight by bringing in one of more of the recruits on your list. :dance005:

Harrison Barnes at 1.
Will Barton at 10.
Luke Cothron at 16.
Ray McCallum at 21.
Phil Pressey at 23.
Cameron Clark at 26.

I would be happy with one of clark or barnes and one of McCallum or Pressey.

Harrison Barnes at 1.
Will Barton at 10.
Luke Cothron at 16.
Ray McCallum at 21.
Phil Pressey at 23.
Cameron Clark at 26.

I hope if we somehow land Barnes and Clark could give us some minutes at the 4 because we will most likely need help down there after next year. If Clark and Barnes do land in our lap somehow I wouldn't want McCallum or Pressey as much with TMG being a 4 year player and T.J. Taylor being a combo guard, I would hope we would land Tobi with only 4 scholarship post players being back in 2010.

First of all, I am out of the loop personally, so whatever I say is totally second hand. But I have two friends that live out of state who know I am a big OU recruiting geek and are in a position to sometimes hear things. Anyway, other than seeing OU's name on a list of schools, the first word I got that OU was in good shape with Tiny, Fitz, Allen, Neysmith and Willis came from those guys. They have been wrong a couple of times too (Jai Lucas and Steve Tchiengang), so take it for what its worth, but they both called me last week to say OU is looking really strong with Cothron. Normally I wouldn't post something like this, but I have been surprised no one is talking about him and I thought some of you guys that are connected might find something out there.

ADA you are so right. This is absolutely incredible what has transpired. OU is becoming a player amongst the big time programs for prime players. Coach Capel and his staff have done a tremendous job and will continue to bring in top notch players. BUY NOW. OU BASKETBALL STOCK IS GOING UP AND UP!:clap

First of all, I am out of the loop personally, so whatever I say is totally second hand. But I have two friends that live out of state who know I am a big OU recruiting geek and are in a position to sometimes hear things. Anyway, other than seeing OU's name on a list of schools, the first word I got that OU was in good shape with Tiny, Fitz, Allen, Neysmith and Willis came from those guys. They have been wrong a couple of times too (Jai Lucas and Steve Tchiengang), so take it for what its worth, but they both called me last week to say OU is looking really strong with Cothron. Normally I wouldn't post something like this, but I have been surprised no one is talking about him and I thought some of you guys that are connected might find something out there.

He's had a few threads started about him on this site. Thanks for the heads up about him. For a lot of us (myself included) it is hard to get too excited about pulling a five star guy out of North Carolina. It would be a huge get if Capel can land him.

North Carolina is starting to really get involved now.

Couple of quotes from a rivals update about him:

My bond with the coaching staff is going to be important. You know, like how well I get along with them and of course the playing style. I like to run and play that full court game, but I also like to play in the half court game too.

But his highlight was his performance against John Wall and C.J. Leslie's team from Raleigh (N.C.) Word of God, where he dropped 41 points and snagged 19 rebounds.

I like his quote, it seems OU fits into the style of team he is looking for (coaching relationship) and I can see us being a team that pushes it a lot with TMG and Willie.

Maybe it's a hint that Elmo's info is true.

North Carolina is starting to really get involved now.

Couple of quotes from a rivals update about him:

I don't think he is going to end up at UNC. They are already loaded at every position and with John Henson joining the crew next year, playing time might be hard to come by. John Henson is probably a 2-4 year player and the PF will likely be his in the future.

If we land Cothron and Clark can you imagine this lineup?

If Willie Is Gone

TMG
CC(He has said he wants to play the 2 in college(
Ray Willis
Luke
Tiny

With Willie

TMG
WW
CC(while he said he wants to play 2, he also can play wing at the 3)
Luke
Tiny

That is a national championship calibur team right there

Back