New Mexico at Oklahoma

I don't know what to think about a team that played a while both home and away with no chemistry, no passion, no energy, almost no individuals that looked like they cared, and then "turn on the light" and play with efficiency and passion.
More of a change in energy level even than the last few years of inconsistency. I almost believe it has to be the head games of the coach that caused both the failure to play well, and then to successfully play as a team.

I fear you folks are forgetting we have finally played a couple of games at home.

Let's see what happens when we go back on the road Tuesday.

Wow, you must really, really want to prove your point. :ez-laugh:

Let's face it, the girls are having fun playing ball and that translates to better performance. Penzo is the kind of kid who probably has fun writing a term paper or taking a test. I see her at other sports cheering on those Sooner teams. She was a huge cheerleader from the bench. Now, on the court her enthusiasm is rubbing off.

It's fun for the fans too. In fact, for the first time in a long time, I saw our Assistant Coaches on their feet encouraging the women.

As I've said before, due to the small roster, this season was going to be an uphill challenge. I believed SC was in danger of losing the team. I don't care if she stumbled on the answer to turning it around, but getting Penzo on the floor was the key, that and letting them play instead of subbing every couple of minutes has made a huge difference.

Penzo, Maddie, Ortiz, Vivi and Ana are a perfect starting 5. I hope she sticks with it.

Shout out to Ortiz. After going scoreless 3 games ago, she's joined Ana in being fearless to shoot. This opens up the middle for Vivi and Penzo can get her the ball. Hopefully Maddie will join in. I'd love to see her shoot instead of that head and ball fake she does 95% of the time.

FWIW - their shooting guard, No. 2 (Buck) went for 40 tonight in a 32-point win over Lamar in Albuquerque. I don't really follow them closely, but I was curious about how their game went. That was a surprise. She made 10 3's.

I would have to say they weren't as bad as what they looked like in Norman. Jaisa Nunn, the starting center, did play tonight as well. She would have made some difference, but not nearly enough against us.

FWIW - their shooting guard, No. 2 (Buck) went for 40 tonight in a 32-point win over Lamar in Albuquerque. I don't really follow them closely, but I was curious about how their game went. That was a surprise. She made 10 3's.

I would have to say they weren't as bad as what they looked like in Norman. Jaisa Nunn, the starting center, did play tonight as well. She would have made some difference, but not nearly enough against us.

+1

Back