Nexy year who shows up most improved?

Blake Griffin was a freak who happened to be picked #1 overall. Any comparsions are just unfair.

True just showing how good he was. And he was so much better his sophmore year than at anytime in his freshman year.

It could be either Tiny or Pledger. Both have the talent to be much better than what we saw this year.

I am a big proponent of not casting judgement on what a player is capable of until they finish a full year and a half in a program; which includes their entire freshman season, summer conditioning, and half of their sophomore year. I learned more about the game in the first year on campus than I did my previous 18, some players can adapt quicker than others. After about 18-20 months on campus, working out, playing against high level competition, you begin to see realistic floors and ceilings for each player. You begin to see who is starting to piece together their game in order to compete, night in-night out at this level. This is just coming from a skill set perspective, effort can or cannot be transparent. Will add that one of the most common things you hear upperclassmen say when asked what they try to teach or wish the incoming freshman knew is "how hard you have to play, everyday." Seems like a simple enough concept to grasp from the get-go, but it takes time for the light to come on, especially when you have a myriad of distractions the entire year. The catch is you have to possess the upperclassmen who can carry your team while the freshmen develop, unfortunately we have neither the talent and leadership in that position.

If I am Capel, that is what I am preaching to Gallon, Pledger, Fitz, etc. Cade's freshman year people were almost curious why he was on scholarship, now people are excited to see what he can do as a senior (even though I contend if we want to be a great program, the "Cade Davis'" of the world have limited roles within the roation).

Last edited:
If we want to have any chance of returning to the tournament next year it needs to be Tiny.

I am a big proponent of not casting judgement on what a player is capable of until they finish a full year and a half in a program; which includes their entire freshman season, summer conditioning, and half of their sophomore year.

I think it can be said that players can turn the light on past their 1st half of their sophomore season: Sometimes players start playing well past their sophomore season, it can stretch out into their junior years. Longar Longar is an example that comes to mind that improved drastically and "had the light come on" so to speak, starting their junior years. You can make a case that it applies to Cade Davis as well. Each guy is different, but I think judgement should normally be cast as their junior year approaches, a little later then halfway through their sophomore season.

Last edited:
If we want to have any chance of returning to the tournament next year it needs to be Tiny.

I think there is no doubt in my mind it is going to be tiny....I am sure he has realized this is not highschool and talent alone doesnt get you to the NBA. If he gets in more shape and becomes more aggressive next year will be his last.

I think there is no doubt in my mind it is going to be tiny....I am sure he has realized this is not highschool and talent alone doesnt get you to the NBA. If he gets in more shape and becomes more aggressive next year will be his last.

Not a diss against Tiny, but he is a guy that needs at least two more years in the college game bariing just ridiculous improvement to be a first round draft pick in the NBA. Dejuan Blair was a second round pick, and Tiny isn't even remotely close to being as good as Dejuan Blair was [although he is about 3" taller].

Back