Nice mention in The Athletic

WichitaSooner

Reaction score
They posted a mailbag today with two of their national college hoops writers, and one question was which teams nationally might be the biggest surprises. One of the writers singled out OU as a team that might make a leap. He specifically mentioned Sherfield and Joe Bam, and said that he thinks things may be a lot smoother in Moser's second year. Obviously it doesn't mean a thing, but nice to see that someone outside the program see reasons for optimism.

The other part of that question was which teams may disappoint relative to preseason expectations, and both mentioned UNC.

They posted a mailbag today with two of their national college hoops writers, and one question was which teams nationally might be the biggest surprises. One of the writers singled out OU as a team that might make a leap. He specifically mentioned Sherfield and Joe Bam, and said that he thinks things may be a lot smoother in Moser's second year. Obviously it doesn't mean a thing, but nice to see that someone outside the program see reasons for optimism.

The other part of that question was which teams may disappoint relative to preseason expectations, and both mentioned UNC.

Great news!

I'm kind of with them on UNC, even though I like UNC. It just seems that they could be what UCLA did right before them. Great run after a lackluster season, then have a ton returning and super high expectations. UCLA didn't have a great year, see if UNC does the same or greatly improves.

Great news!

I'm kind of with them on UNC, even though I like UNC. It just seems that they could be what UCLA did right before them. Great run after a lackluster season, then have a ton returning and super high expectations. UCLA didn't have a great year, see if UNC does the same or greatly improves.

Ha, UCLA is the exact comparison they made in mentioning Carolina!

Back