Nit

BigTime

The Red Wig
Reaction score
here we come. I learned on Tuesday that we were good enough to be an NIT team, but was left with that glimmer of hope that we could sneak in the dance. After losing to the aggies, we needed to win tonight in order to have a chance. I think this club will most likely go 8-8, and will be playing in the NIT.

here we come. I learned on Tuesday that we were good enough to be an NIT team, but was left with that glimmer of hope that we could sneak in the dance. After losing to the aggies, we needed to win tonight in order to have a chance. I think this club will most likely go 8-8, and will be playing in the NIT.

I think 7-9 and NIT.

With the young kids we have the NIT might not be a bad thing. I feel sorry for Crocker though and wish he could have had a better Sr. year.

With the young kids we have the NIT might not be a bad thing. I feel sorry for Crocker though and wish he could have had a better Sr. year.

I to feel sorry for Tony. You always want to send your sr. year to be good. It just did'nt work out that way. BOO!! I hate saying this but maybe next year.

At least Croc can know he left on a personal high point. He fell just short of carrying this team to the next level.

I'm not ready to concede the NCAA's just yet. We're not going to lose another home game with the exception of UT, (We COULD beat UT) and I think we'll have a great chance to win at Nebraska.

8-8 with a win over Texas and we're in. We play in the toughest conference in the country, and that's not a subjective feeling on my part, the RPI says so.

This week hurt our chances, but it didn't extingiush them.

I'm thinking NIT, hope OU gets home court or it could be one and done there too

I'm not sure we'll have enough wins for the NIT at this point.

I'm not ready to concede the NCAA's just yet. We're not going to lose another home game with the exception of UT, (We COULD beat UT) and I think we'll have a great chance to win at Nebraska.

8-8 with a win over Texas and we're in. We play in the toughest conference in the country, and that's not a subjective feeling on my part, the RPI says so.

This week hurt our chances, but it didn't extingiush them.

We will be underdogs vs UT, BU and Kstate at home. If we go 2-1 during that stretch we will have to play a lot better than tonight.

8 pts and 4 boards from the bench won't cut it against those teams.

The way CU beat BU at Colorado has me worried about that game as well.

I'm not ready to concede just yet either. Lots of basketball to be played. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

16-15 won't get OU in the NIT.

The worst record for an NIT team last year was 16-14 by Georgetown, but they had been ranked in the top 10 and played the toughest schedule in the nation.

Washington State and Northwestern (17 wins) were the only other teams with fewer than 18 to make the field. 8-8 in the Big 12 might get OU in, but they would have to be the right 8 wins.

Ever since the NCAA took over the NIT, it's been much tougher to get in. Before, you could get in based on name alone as long as you were over .500. Not anymore.

16-15 won't get OU in the NIT.

The worst record for an NIT team last year was 16-14 by Georgetown, but they had been ranked in the top 10 and played the toughest schedule in the nation.

Washington State and Northwestern (17 wins) were the only other teams with fewer than 18 to make the field. 8-8 in the Big 12 might get OU in, but they would have to be the right 8 wins.

Ever since the NCAA took over the NIT, it's been much tougher to get in. Before, you could get in based on name alone as long as you were over .500. Not anymore.

8-8 gives OU 17 wins. Win one game in the Big 12 Tournament and that gives the Sooners 18. 18 wins will get this team in imo.

17 would be borderline. Get the 18th and you have a much better shot. Still hardly a guarantee, though.

8-8 gives OU 17 wins. Win one game in the Big 12 Tournament and that gives the Sooners 18. 18 wins will get this team in imo.

What are the most likely games for the other 6 wins, do you think?

What are the most likely games for the other 6 wins, do you think?

I am going to go ahead and predict that the Sooners will win 5 of the 6 remaining home games (with a loss against UT, KSU, or Baylor), and 1 road win against either Nebraska, Colorado, or Oklahoma State.

Thus, 8-8.

I also think that the Sooners will win 1 game in KC.

Anything less than 8-8 isn't going to get it done as far as the NIT is concerned.

Back