Now, which non-conf team would you most like to see lose in the NCAA?

NMSooner'80

Reaction score
I'm not counting Rhode Island, because of course we need that to happen tomorrow.

I'm talking about a school that inspires KU-like hatred from our fan base, but who we don't see that often. Duke is the most obvious choice for many. I also can't stand North Carolina or Kentucky. Duke and UNC rub me the wrong way due to a blue-blood arrogance; Kentucky because I think they're bad for college hoops and Calimari seems kind of sleazy anyway to me.

But, the one non-conference team that I grew to hate with a passion out west is Arizona. They had that completely irritating holier-than-thou attitude, much like KU always had when I lived in Oklahoma before. They also had the benefit of a homer media (again, much like Kansas) and a coach who seemed about as phony as a three-dollar bill. That was Lute Olson, which I tend to misspell on purpose as Loot. They kind of hit their stride about the same time that the epic OU team of '88 did, but we sure never got that kind of credit for being good that they did.

I lived in New Mexico long enough to know how condescending their whole university could be toward a neighboring state school. That's why it was so fun when the Lobos beat them a few times, especially in '97 and '99. And it was never in their program's nature - fans, coaches or players, to give credit where credit was due. I also remember that, when OU whipped them in '88, that they didn't give OU much credit either.

Seriously, how could you not hate a team that billed itself as "St. Lute and his Leaping Apostles?" Phony moral claims only make me hate all teams like that.

All the ones that cheat.

Big12: KU

Other: Kentucky, Arizona, UNC, Duke

I'm in the minority, but as far as blue bloods go, I've always liked Duke. Didn't really care for NC growing up, but again, minority here, I don't have a problem with Roy Williams.

I don't like UK much, so I wouldn't mind seeing Davidson upset them. Not a big fan of Virginia, Nova, or Xavier either, so an early upset there wouldn't hurt my feelings. Typically wouldn't mind seeing Zona lose early, but I've picked them to do pretty well, so yeah. lol

Ohio St.

I'm tired of hearing Dan Dakich bloviate about how OU didn't belong in the tournament and how it was only there because of TY. It would be fantastic if his son's overrated team got beat in the 1st round in a 12-5 upset.

I don't like UK much, so I wouldn't mind seeing Davidson upset them. Not a big fan of Virginia, Nova, or Xavier either, so an early upset there wouldn't hurt my feelings. Typically wouldn't mind seeing Zona lose early, but I've picked them to do pretty well, so yeah. lol

Boom! lol

I filled out 7 brackets this year. I only have Virginia going past the Sweet 16 in one of them. They are on my list of teams that never live up to their seeding. Oddly enough, Nova and Xavier are both on the list too. WVU has been on the list, but I have them doing better than I typically would this year.

Boom! lol

I filled out 7 brackets this year. I only have Virginia going past the Sweet 16 in one of them. They are on my list of teams that never live up to their seeding. Oddly enough, Nova and Xavier are both on the list too. WVU has been on the list, but I have them doing better than I typically would this year.

Certain teams I just never trust. Looks like Nova and WVU may buck the trend a bit, but I was on point with Virginia and Xavier.

I think I've had FSU on that list as well, interestingly enough.

I want them all to lose at this point except Loyola

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back