Oklahoma @ Auburn

There's no way we will win 15 games. I'll be 'happy' to win 12. I'm so excited to hear what Syb has to say about this. I'm sure the refs will be the reason we lost..again. and that we should be happy our freshman are snoring. As if we have any other option!

Yet when they got close they fell apart once again. This team is playing painful to watch play. And the upperclassmen are pointless and worthless. sound like a broken record, I know, but poor recruiting over the past several years is really hurting us right now not having any upperclassmen leadership to rely on.
It's not so much that these other teams are more talented it's just that they make less mistakes. 5 games in a row we will lose now, how many will it take for a change to happen?!!
If you talking about a coach change Colton will end up with the job, SC is passing all her knowledge down to her son

There's no way we will win 15 games. I'll be 'happy' to win 12. I'm so excited to hear what Syb has to say about this. I'm sure the refs will be the reason we lost..again. and that we should be happy our freshman are snoring. As if we have any other option!
Of course he'll say the refs and he might throw in dirty recruiting

21 Turnovers

13-26 on free throws...

It's going to be hard to win many games with these kinds of stats.

Let’s not forget the “I trust Sherri.” Then he’ll throw in some innocuous stats etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I say coaching change I mean every single Coale and Coale lackey needs to be removed from the staff. After all she's not in charge of the athletic department. I wonder if there's anything in her contract where if she's not performing she's eligible for termination? Surely losing what most likely will be several more games in a row will draw the attention of our AD? and I hate to say it, if this team continues to lose I see some of our talent transferring..

We did some good things. We did some bad things. We'll grow up.

Not all of our "fans" will.

When does Llanusa come back? Do you think OU would have won a couple of games with her on the court? Pellington has vanished. If she played as she did in the first few games. This team would be looking good. I see some good things for the future. Recruited some good players for 2019. This might be a take our lumps type of year. Yet with a losing record its hard to get big-time recruits. Need to hit Oklahoma, Texas, and Kansas hard in recruiting. Also, pick and choose a few other places.

When does Llanusa come back? Do you think OU would have won a couple of games with her on the court? Pellington has vanished. If she played as she did in the first few games. This team would be looking good. I see some good things for the future. Recruited some good players for 2019. This might be a take our lumps type of year. Yet with a losing record its hard to get big-time recruits. Need to hit Oklahoma, Texas, and Kansas hard in recruiting. Also, pick and choose a few other places.
Ana should be back just in time for the conference season. I hope she has no lingering effects. we need her at full speed. Ana is a better leader type than is Shaina. I got the impression that Shaina had not been around good players before and didn't work well with them when I saw her at the Canadian games. She seems to work off of others better than create for others. She does get some assists with dishes.

I hope that Ana is a settling factor. We really need a PG type to take control when the opposition begins a run. Penzo did it better last year. This year---did she even play today?

We have to depend on Ana's return as well as some kids learning to play within themselves. No telling why they think some of those passes will work. The real difference between Auburn and OU was that their passes actually were caught and converted for scores. Very few of ours were. Although they had an extremely high 3-point percentage for them, they were most effective at getting the ball to their interior and converting. Our over the head, hook shot passes as we entered the paint were going to Auburn.

Auburn hasn't always been a good offensive team. This year, they were together on offense. We aren't-----yet. We keep playing experienced teams and hanging in there despite our mistakes.

The bad news is that we are playing three or four freshmen and they are playing like they are freshmen enough to give up those horrendous runs. Further bad news is that a number of our conference opponents (Kansas, Kansas State, OSU, etc) are looking pretty good in early games. And that Sutton girl at Texas looks extremely scary. Baylor should dominate us with their twin towers.

The good news is that they are freshmen and IF they improve we have shown enough good stretches that we can expect them to play pretty well and avoid what now looks like a bad season. We were good in the first quarter and in spots in the second half and very good in the first 5 minutes of the game.

One of our problems is that in trying to adjust to the speed of the Div I game our freshmen are rushing things and making bad decisions. This is an area that should improve as they learn they can handle the speed of the game. That does not mean that we will see a low level of turnovers because that is just the nature of Sherri's teams no matter who the participants.

Another freshman problem is free shots. For some reason the 15 feet to the basket in the college games seems far, far away from the 15 feet in high school to newbies. No way that Williams, Veitenheimer and Robertson will go 5 for 12 later in the season. Lampkin will have her problems as most bigger players usually do. They idea that she doesn't practice free shots is unrealistic.

I don't think anyone is saying the players won't get better in time. The issue I have is the players can only get so much better (IMO). What I seen over the years is a small team like OU tend to play with speed and quickness..sorry the OU right now does not have that. I think the women program right now is a mess, and I for one have little faith in SC ability to turn it around by much.

The bad news is that we are playing three or four freshmen and they are playing like they are freshmen enough to give up those horrendous runs. Further bad news is that a number of our conference opponents (Kansas, Kansas State, OSU, etc) are looking pretty good in early games. And that Sutton girl at Texas looks extremely scary. Baylor should dominate us with their twin towers.

The good news is that they are freshmen and IF they improve we have shown enough good stretches that we can expect them to play pretty well and avoid what now looks like a bad season. We were good in the first quarter and in spots in the second half and very good in the first 5 minutes of the game.

One of our problems is that in trying to adjust to the speed of the Div I game our freshmen are rushing things and making bad decisions. This is an area that should improve as they learn they can handle the speed of the game. That does not mean that we will see a low level of turnovers because that is just the nature of Sherri's teams no matter who the participants.

Another freshman problem is free shots. For some reason the 15 feet to the basket in the college games seems far, far away from the 15 feet in high school to newbies. No way that Williams, Veitenheimer and Robertson will go 5 for 12 later in the season. Lampkin will have her problems as most bigger players usually do. They idea that she doesn't practice free shots is unrealistic.

Pretty much agree. As a group of freshmen, I would rather have this group of freshmen than any class we have had since Courtney and Ashley made up a class. I think Madi and Taylor can play with anyone right now. Jessi and Tatum need to settle in. Why can't they hit free throws in college. No problems in HS.

Nydia is beginning to look like she is making progress on offense and defense. Just not all that good at the FT line. I have no clue about Aspen.

Shania?

We are making positive strides in some areas. Reducing turnovers and hitting free throws are not one of them. It's getting to the point that bench time may be necessary if players don't improve -- even if that means the team, staff and fans have to suffer a lot longer and more this season.

I believe there HAS TO be severe enough punishment and reward for doing your job right and to aiding any serious personal effort to improve. I'm not seeing the results of such a thing on the floor right now.

Back