*****Oklahoma @ Nebraska Game Thread*****

this team hasnt gotten any better since game1, capel and staff have done a bad job with this bunch.

Then how bad are OSU, Arizona, Arkansas, and Missouri?

Obviously we are a much better team at home. None of those teams are world beaters though. Especially Arkansas, they are terrible. Zona is not real good either. We squeaked by Mizzou and OSU.

What I want to know is why we don't seem to care. Where is the pride. Is it that we don't care or that we just have players that are lost out there and that gives the appearance of indifference.

This season could be a great learning tool if approached correctly. Many of the players on this team, especially the new guys, came from teams that didn't lose very often. Their body language makes this pretty obvious. You actually see a change in their demeanor because they aren't used to playing from behind/having things come easy to them. Ultimately, these losing experiences will cause these guys to hit a fork in the road. They can either give up completely or grow from it.

It will be the job of our coaches to push these guys towards growth, but losing a sense of entitlement is good for everybody in competitive sports. We just have to continue to work hard and strive to reach attain the best results available for this season.

This season could be a great learning tool if approached correctly. Many of the players on this team, especially the new guys, came from teams that didn't lose very often. Their body language makes this pretty obvious. You actually see a change in their demeanor because they aren't used to playing from behind/having things come easy to them. Ultimately, these losing experiences will cause these guys to hit a fork in the road. They can either give up completely or grow from it.

It will be the job of our coaches to push these guys towards growth, but losing a sense of entitlement is good for everybody in competitive sports. We just have to continue to work hard and strive to reach attain the best results available for this season.

Amen.

More enabling. And I'm here win or lose.

I'm not enabling. I'm simply realistic. I'm not a fan that thinks success comes because of preseason hype or internet rankings. I'm also not a fan who jumps to ridiculous conclusions because of a disappointing performance/season.

I am a fan that thinks that the people who swing from singing praises, to calling for heads is a joke. Am I disappointed in this season? Absolutely. But that's no reason to jump off the deep end as many people seem to do after every loss.

All I am saying is that people need to look at the facts. This is a young, inexperienced team without a clear leader. Troubles like we are experiencing are common for teams with these traits. Temper your criticisms and praises of this team and realize that they are what they are at this point. A young team with a lot of potential who has a lot of growing up to do to fill that potential.

BTW. I am not singling you out in any of this. Glad to see someone is in it win or lose. This is just a general observation of our fans' behavior. At least the ones on the boards.

I expect wins just like everyone else. But I'm not jumping to conclusions about this team (positive or negative) this early, because there is a long way to go before deciding if this group is a success or failure.

It's like we have a bunch of manic depressives for a fan base. Always at one end or the other, blind to what is in between.

BTW. I am not singling you out here. I'm glad to see you are in it win or lose. This is more of a general statement of our fans' behavior. At least those who are on this board anyway.

Last edited:
Probably should've waited until a year AFTER Blake left before Cape was signed to that extension.

Hope I'm wrong.

Back