*****Oklahoma @ Nebraska Game Thread*****

I am an eternal optimist, but today I am embarassed to be a fan of OU basketball. Nebraska is REALLY bad and we are getting blown out. Horrible effort.

That is sad that we've sunk this low. And it seems like some posters on this board are indifferent to our poor play and incompetence at times. I don't understand it. I'm not an enabler....I expect more out of the University of Oklahoma.

Capel's best coaching move tonight was letting WWIII and Crocker rest for the last 10 minutes. Why did they even play

I feel you. Like I said, I just hope that folks will get their butts to the LNC next Saturday for Wayman. Its not his fault that this team can't get it together.
I am with Al this is the worst basketball team in 30 years in Norman

They're strategy of doubling TMG when he crossed halfcourt totally stagnated our offense. I don't know why we didn't clear out for him and let him beat the double and feed someone. I don't get it.

I know it is hard for fans to see a team with a lot of potential lose games they probably shouldn't be losing, but we have to remember how young and inexperienced this team is. All of this talk about players not being Big 12/D1 caliber is pretty ridiculous. This year isn't going to turn out how people had hoped, but the future is still bright. If these guys can learn to play together and give a consistent defensive effort, this will be a tough team in the coming years. Not many teams can rely on freshmen to carry a team like this one needs. Sure they are talented and highly recruited, but it's a big jump from high school/AAU to playing against players on or near your level every night. This team needs the support of its fans, not the angry mob that appears every time we lose a game.

Nebraska might be one of the worst teams in D-1, and I have no idea what that says about us.

I am with Al this is the worst basketball team in 30 years in Norman

We had a team worse than this one (they lost to a non-scholarship team at home) but that team improved as the season went on.

I know it is hard for fans to see a team with a lot of potential lose games they probably shouldn't be losing, but we have to remember how young and inexperienced this team is. All of this talk about players not being Big 12/D1 caliber is pretty ridiculous. This year isn't going to turn out how people had hoped, but the future is still bright. If these guys can learn to play together and give a consistent defensive effort, this will be a tough team in the coming years. Not many teams can rely on freshmen to carry a team like this one needs. Sure they are talented and highly recruited, but it's a big jump from high school/AAU to playing against players on or near your level every night. This team needs the support of its fans, not the angry mob that appears every time we lose a game.

THIS^^^^^^^^^^^ I agree totally.

63-46. That sucks. I am starting to wonder what Coach will be able to do to salvage an NIT bid.

More enabling. And I'm here win or lose.

Wow. A lot of going through the motions out there tonight. No hustle. Terrible help defense. Too much standing around on offense. I thought we should have went to a trapping defense earlier, but it probably wouldn't have made a difference. Defense is all about effort and we had very little of that today.

This loss is embarrassing, I love OU basketball, but I am not proud of that team at all.

63-46. That sucks. I am starting to wonder what Coach will be able to do to salvage an NIT bid.

Very unlikely. Hope the off week allows us to heal up and improve in some areas. Doubt it though based on the season to this point.

Back