Oklahoma vs. Arizona 1999

All I can remember is the next round thinking that NC Charlotte has no business being a #5 seed - we dominated that game. (82-70).

How many years did Ryan Humphrey play in the NBA?

Actually, Charlotte was playing without their best or second best player, so it wasn't the same team. Kelvin acknowledged that after OU's win. As for Ryan Humphrey, he only played three years in the NBA.

We were fortunate to get that no-call when Hump made the winning shot - that certainly appeared to be offensive goaltending. If Arizona had won that way, we'd still be complaining about it.

I'll never forget jumping up and down like a young teenager (I was 36 at that time) when we won that game against the 'Cats. It was our first NCAA Tournament win in 9 years, and to this day, the most excited I ever acted after an NCAA Tournament victory.

Dug out this image from that memorable game

ryanhumphrey12yu4.jpg

Holy ****, how did I miss this one! Someone get this man/woman a medal of honor or something.

Will never forget Karen Sampson being interviewed by Bob Barry Sr. on the radio after this game. Was about as close to pure bliss as a person could sound.

Did anyone see Kellen on the bench? He doesn't look much different than he does now. Still hanging out on the OU bench.

Did anyone see Kellen on the bench? He doesn't look much different than he does now. Still hanging out on the OU bench.

That's Cold Man. Kellen is just trying to get his foot in the door for a career in coaching

That's Cold Man. Kellen is just trying to get his foot in the door for a career in coaching

I didn't mean it as a cut down. It was just funny how he hasn't changed much and he is still at OU.

My little brother went to high school with Kellen. They weren't great friends, but he spoke highly of him.

Back