*****Oklahoma vs. Texas Tech Game Thread*****

That was an awesome last 10 min or so, right up til the final buzzer. Then it sucked bad.

Tech's 1st road win in 2 yrs. JEEZ.......

That is what happens when an average team waits until the last 1/4 of the game to play with heart & energy.

Once again we have a timeout at the end of a close game and we don't call one. I don't understand that at all. Especially with a young team.

were our last 2 shots really 3 pointers when we were only down by 1???? i'm at work but that is what the espn gamecast told me

were our last 2 shots really 3 pointers when we were only down by 1???? i'm at work but that is what the espn gamecast told me

Yes. Willie a great open look on the first one. The second one was contested.

wow Steve and Drew. Just freaking WOW. Thanks a lot.
While their actions and inexcusable and unacceptable, that's not what lost us the game.
A general malaise and disinterest on both ends for the first 32 minutes is why we lost.

At least we fought back but come on... we just got swept by the second or third worst team in the conference.

Those 2 free throws from Capel's T came back to haunt us. :(

While their actions and inexcusable and unacceptable, that's not what lost us the game.
A general malaise and disinterest on both ends for the first 32 minutes is why we lost.

At least we fought back but come on... we just got swept by the second or third worst team in the conference.

Ding, Ding, Freakin' Ding

And because our jump shots did not fall. Usually at home they do. TMG could not buy em tonight. Crocker's 3's wouldn't fall, neither did Cade's. When we went to the hole we were good. I was hoping there was a drive on our last possession. Willie's shot was wide open.

I had no problems with Mason-Griffin's 3 at the end he had no choice but to shoot it and he has been the best shooter this year. But why is Willie shooting the 3 when winding down the clock? If OU is playing for a 3 or 1 shot I want Mason-Griffin taking it, Warren needs to attack the hoop. Oh well hind sight is 20/20

Last edited:
If Tech is one of the worst two or three teams in the Big XII I don't know where that puts the Sooners. They run an offense that a team relying on athleticism and not discipline & effort will slice up every-time. This team thought they were good after beating UT and tried to walk through the first 30 minutes of the game.

Pledger and Fitzgerald would have helped tonight. There were several very tired and hurt Sooners trying to play basketball today.

Please don't misunderstand--I am not at all blaming them for the loss. I was just trying to express at a time when we need all hands on deck, they let the team down.

Clearly I didn't articulate that well enough the first time around...

Actually I think it is. But the reason it is why we lost is that their actions only amplify what has been wrong most of this year. That being a group of guys that lack discipline and accountability. TMG and Tiny missing/being late for practice. WW in a fog for such a long time. Then Pledge and Fitz wanting a five-finger discount on a freaking shirt. At times they don't think and they don't care.
A team will never be a team unless everyone on that team is dedicated to winning and taking responsibility for everything they do.

Back