One positive to take from this game

AdaSooner

Admin Emeritus
Reaction score
Three of our freshmen were solid tonight: TMG had 16 points, 5 assists, 3 rebs and 1 steal; Fitz with 14 points, 5 boards, 1 steal and 2 blocks; and Tiny finished with 10 points, 8 rebs and 4 steals. Cade added 11 points and 4 boards.

Even better, they will all be back next year.

I think everyone played hard it just didn't show on defense that was the difference. Just like it's been the difference all year. I don't know if I remember a team at the Big 12 level that plays this bad on D.

2 of Tiny's TOs were just plain BS. He didn't travel and his defender didn't have position. I really can't stand it in any game when an official apparently has already made his mind up instead of actually watching the play. Tiny took 2 steps on his "travel" but since he cradled the ball it looked worse. On his charge, his defender didn't have position but flopped well.

I think everyone played hard it just didn't show on defense that was the difference. Just like it's been the difference all year. I don't know if I remember a team at the Big 12 level that plays this bad on D.

I'll bet you that at least three more teams in the history of the Big 12 have given up more points per game...or will you pass out on that too Mr. "Bold Statement" .

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll bet you that at least three more teams in the history of the Big 12 have given up more points per game...or will you pass out on that too Mr. "Bold Statement" .

I bet they have too but those teams also don't have 3 MCDs AAs either.

I bet they have too but those teams also don't have 3 MCDs AAs either.

That wasn't what you said...but that is what you are, bold statements ripping OU with nothing to back it up. That is why you won't take this bet or the EASY bet I threw out earlier. Goodbye credibility.

If you two guys want to meet in front of the Tisdale Center to settle your dispute, I'll try to get IRLOU to come out of retirement to referee. :ez-laugh:

Really I've got zero anymosity for him. I treat everyone the same he's the one trying to hack me off or something.

Really I've got zero anymosity for him. I treat everyone the same he's the one trying to hack me off or something.

No, just calling you out on the smack you talk.

You throw things out as "absolutes" with nothing to back it up, nothing. Worst defense ever? Wrong. Overrated conference? Take a bet. Fire Bob Stoops? Brilliant.

Last edited by AdaSooner; Today at 08:02 PM. Reason: Fight all you want, but please don't make it personal

You are taking away from my point, calling Nick "the worst poster on the internet" is the same as many of the statements he makes. Overboard.

Last edited by AdaSooner; Today at 08:02 PM. Reason: Fight all you want, but please don't make it personal

You are taking away from my point, calling Nick "the worst poster on the internet" is the same as many of the statements he makes. Overboard.

Thanks for the compliments man.

Thanks for the compliments man.

No problem Nick, two bets out there based on the silly things you have said today:

1. I'll bet that OU is not the worst defensive team ever in the B12, in fact, I'll spot you three seasons.

2. I'll bet you that if just one team from the B12 makes it to the Sweet Sixteen I'll quit posting, if two make it, it is a push, and if three make it, then you quit posting.

Based on what you have said in other posts, that shouldn't be a problem.

I didn't think TMG played that well. And outside of scoring those early 6 points, Tiny really didn't either. 6 turnovers from your big is about 5 too many.

Fitz played well. He is always going to be a little big of a liability on defense, given that he can only really guard a true 4. But I'm fine with that. Love the baseline jumper. That shot is ALWAYS there, so if he can hit it, that can be a weapon.

Three of our freshmen were solid tonight: TMG had 16 points, 5 assists, 3 rebs and 1 steal; Fitz with 14 points, 5 boards, 1 steal and 2 blocks; and Tiny finished with 10 points, 8 rebs and 4 steals. Cade added 11 points and 4 boards.

Even better, they will all be back next year.

It is good but if they give up 80 it is not too hard to score 51. I don't want to be overly negative on these young guys but I think they all believe you win a college basketball game on the offensive end of the court rather than the defensive end of the court.

I was attempting to be a peacemaker, not upset you or anyone else by taking sides. Obviously, that didn't work out too well. So, if you and Nick want to act like elementary kids and play silly games, knock yourself out! I've got better things to do with my time.

Ada started this thread with a good point. Mr B and Nick if you guys want to continue your bickering do it via PM please.

I was impressed Ada especially with Fitz. The more pt he gets the better he will be. Tiny did some nice things on defense as well.

Back