OU @ #8 KU 12pm CST on CBS

Play with that effort on Tuesday they will win at home vs Texas

That game seems to be as much of a must win as any for OU’s tourney hopes. Have to hold serve at home in this league but Texas’s athleticism up front is just a big problem for this group.

Puzzling for me too. He definitely deserves more minutes!

I also share your thoughts about J. Groves. He had three rebounds but contributed very little otherwise. Then again, it’s hard to make shots when you don’t take any. He danged sure can’t defend anybody!

He's just not . . . very good . . . right now

I think it was the height issue. Hard to play small if KU playing big.

I guess that must have been why, but damn! If you are going to be out there, try to do something positive. Well, there's the 3 rebounds. I just think CJ would have done so much more to help us win that game, that you take your chances.
I think you can see his frustration.

Back from game. No complaints about effort. Thought we just had too many lapses on offense (as usual). TGroves needed to keep making 3s and that was a lot to ask of him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Puzzling for me too. He definitely deserves more minutes!

I also share your thoughts about J. Groves. He had three rebounds but contributed very little otherwise. Then again, it’s hard to make shots when you don’t take any. He danged sure can’t defend anybody!

We definitely got hurt more on D when he was out there. I also really liked Noland’s effort today.

I knew KU would shutdown Mo and take their chances on everyone else. Little lapses on both ends hurt us in the end. But I sure liked the effort.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That last shot was bad. I don’t mind goldwire taking the shot because he played well. However, a long step back 2 is exactly what ku wanted him to do. He should’ve taken it all the way to the rim or passed the ball for a 3 point shot. That step back long 2 is NOT the shot to take when the game is on the line. Poor decision.

OU didn’t shoot a FT for the final 14 minutes of the game. That’s classic AFH refs right there. 2 point game.

They get the help they need every time. Every year.

That last shot was bad. I don’t mind goldwire taking the shot because he played well. However, a long step back 2 is exactly what ku wanted him to do. He should’ve taken it all the way to the rim or passed the ball for a 3 point shot. That step back long 2 is NOT the shot to take when the game is on the line. Poor decision.

OU didn’t shoot a FT for the final 14 minutes of the game. That’s classic AFH refs right there. 2 point game.

They get the help they need every time. Every year.

I really try hard not to “blame” refs…. Didn’t see 2nd half…. Pops cancer bad time…. Anyways… did OU play that much more aggressive? Or ku? At one point it was 10/10 on fouls… final 22/12. So we “out fouled” them 12/2 over the last 15 min or so.

Just watched Coach Moser’s post game presser. First question was on the last shot. He danced around it initially talking about all the great things Goldwire did. And he had a good game. But, yes, he wanted Goldwire to drive and take it to the rim. He was obviously frustrated. I just wonder why the communication did not translate to the play he wanted. They fought so hard to that point, with a chance to tie or win and they don’t do what coach wanted them to do on the last shot.

Just watched Coach Moser’s post game presser. First question was on the last shot. He danced around it initially talking about all the great things Goldwire did. And he had a good game. But, yes, he wanted Goldwire to drive and take it to the rim. He was obviously frustrated. I just wonder why the communication did not translate to the play he wanted. They fought so hard to that point, with a chance to tie or win and they don’t do what coach wanted them to do on the last shot.

Honestly I think the situation was somewhat unexpected. At the last timeout we probably expected to need threes on almost every trip, but they missed so many free throws that all of a sudden, the two became an option. I would love to have that possession back.

Then why do I feel good about today’s game? Not as good as I might have felt if we had found a three at the end.

I feel a lot better about this loss than I do the texas, tcu and oswho games.

That was our best-played game of the year. We had 4 starters in double figures including 20 from Goldwire. KU made a concerted effort to take Gibson out of the game and the rest of the guys responded. Hopefully this game will carry over in a positive way to the rest of the season.

I know it probably wouldn't have made any difference with our plays down the stretch, but in regards to the officiating, after ku scored their last(?) goal the clock never stopped and ran off 8 seconds by the time the ball was thrown in and touched by our player (1:12 to 1:04). I didn't see this mentioned in the posts, did anyone else see this happen?

I know it probably wouldn't have made any difference with our plays down the stretch, but in regards to the officiating, after ku scored their last(?) goal the clock never stopped and ran off 8 seconds by the time the ball was thrown in and touched by our player (1:12 to 1:04). I didn't see this mentioned in the posts, did anyone else see this happen?

Not sure which play you are referring to because KU’s last bucket came with 2:30 remaining; the rest of their points were off free throws (insert Allen Fieldhouse joke here). But the clock doesn’t stop on made baskets till the last minute, so nothing sounds unusual about the scenario you are describing, even if you are thinking of a bucket OU scored with more than a minute left.

Cortez and Johnson both are suited out for the game and warmed up.

Thanks for clearing that up Wichita, that was before the last minute.

Back