OU and Kansas lead for Lamb per Zagsblog

OUHoops

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Source

Doron Lamb may visit Oklahoma the weekend of Oct. 3 for his first official visit, according to his father, Calvin Lamb.

“We want to visit Oklahoma in early October,” Calvin said Wednesday morning by phone.

A senior from Queens, N.Y. who plays at Oak Hill (Va.) Academy, the 6-foot-4 Lamb is the No. 3 shooting guard and No. 21 prospect in the Class of 2010.

“From what I’ve heard him say, I think his top three would be Kansas, Oklahoma and the next one I couldn’t tell you. It was Kentucky. But they haven’t been in here to see him yet,” Oak Hill coach Steve Smith said Wednesday by phone.

He added: “I think Doron wants to sign early.”

I really think Lamb could fill Willie Warren's spot nicely.

PG - Tommy Mason Griffin
SG - Doron Lamb
SF - Cameron Clark
PF - Andrew Fitzgerald
C - Tiny Gallon

I really think Lamb could fill Willie Warren's spot nicely.

PG - Tommy Mason Griffin
SG - Doron Lamb
SF - Cameron Clark
PF - Andrew Fitzgerald
C - Tiny Gallon

Something tells me he likes the prospect of playing with TMG and Tiny. ;)

"We want to visit OU in early October" + "I think Doron wants to sign early" = sounds like OU could be the leader...

happpy

That would make for a sick nasty back court of the future if you are right elmo. TJ+Cam+Lamb would be a whole lot of talent.

I have always believed that OU had a good chance of signing Doron Lamb. Even when other recruits were considered sure things and Doron was a longshot, my gut told me not to give up on him.

He may still choose Kansas, but my feeling is still the same as it ever was. I still think when all is said and done, Lamb will be a Sooner.

I think Lamb will be a Sooner as well. My gut is typically right.
If he visits KU on Late Night that won't be good for the Sooners though.
This is the perfect recruiting battle for me. I wish they could all be like this!!!!

"We want to visit OU in early October" + "I think Doron wants to sign early" = sounds like OU could be the leader...

happpy

I wish he would visit on a home football weekend. The second weekend of October we have Bears coming to Norman town. Doesn't this make more sense?

I think Lamb will be a Sooner as well. My gut is typically right.
If he visits KU on Late Night that won't be good for the Sooners though.
This is the perfect recruiting battle for me. I wish they could all be like this!!!!

I hope he doesn't visit latenight. The only positive is that maybe a Selby and or Knight will be at latenight to deter him. KU is going to have a good class with or without Lamb. They will get knight or Selby. The thing that may enable OU to have a better class than Kansas is the University of Kentucky.

Lamb is a stud! He would fit in nicely playing with guys like Tiny and TMG. I think he knows where he belongs. :OUbball-logo:

I hope he doesn't visit latenight. The only positive is that maybe a Selby and or Knight will be at latenight to deter him.

Lamb is more a 2 and those other guys are points. I think it helps KU if they land one of them. He's no more worried about playing with one of those as he would be with TMG or Cam Clark.
Lamb WANTS to play with talent. He doesn't need the spotlight.

No dispute about Lamb being a 2. But Lamb, like WW is a guy that is best on the ball. Last year playing with MoMo, he didn't get as many opportunities on the ball as he should have. Knight is a dynamic guy, but I don't think he's as dynamic without the ball in his hand. He's a score first and pass second PG. That's fine, but I don't know if it's conducent to having guys rally around and want to play with you. Knight is a guy that I haven't saw alot of recruits wanting to play with.

I don't know the angle that Capel is taking with Lamb, but he's more equipped to play the one than TJ. To me, it looks like he is getting recruited as a PG much like WW. This is just a hunch.

I'll say this and my name is not dean "the dream" blevins. We have about a 85% and rising chance to sign Doron Lamb. Once again the key is getting him on campus, and I really think that will happen. Tiny's chances of staying for two years are better than some may think. Also when he leaves OU he would like to be mentioned in the same breath as Blake or close to it. Tiny really is driven to prove some people wrong about the so-called huge drop off that is supposed to take place at our team's post position. He knows that Willie will probably be gone, so that's one of the reasons he is trying to help out with Doron. The first reason is that Doron and him are good friends. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

I'll say this and my name is not dean "the dream" blevins. We have about a 85% and rising chance to sign Doron Lamb. Once again the key is getting him on campus, and I really think that will happen. Tiny's chances of staying for two years are better than some may think. Also when he leaves OU he would like to be mentioned in the same breath as Blake or close to it. Tiny really is driven to prove some people wrong about the so-called huge drop off that is supposed to take place at our team's post position. He knows that Willie will probably be gone, so that's one of the reasons he is trying to help out with Doron. The first reason is that Doron and him are good friends. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

KU is a tough school to beat. It also seems that Calvin Lamb has been playing a game of chicken with coach Self to see who flinches first. All that attention that has been payed to KU and all the articles where Lamb Sr. has tossed KU's name around for fodder makes me think that KU leads. However, KU has alot of beatwriters that have sought out Lamb Sr. for a response, and all we have is Henzo. I'm very interested to see how Lamb and Jones play out. If OU lands both of these guys over KU, it will send shockwaves to their fanbase and I think OU(moreso Capel) will be seen as a cheif rival.

Well in that case DM. Get ready for the shockwave because I have a very good feeling that we will get one of those two players. ku is about to be tapped out because they can't sign everybody. The other reason is that our own Coach Capel is turning up the heat on ku. These players are interested in OU for OU. Not because they can't go to ku. Get ready my friend. The recruits are on their way to Norman. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

Back