OU at Texas A&M Predictions

Who will win?

• OU in a close one (1-10 points)

Votes: 13 24.1%
  • OU in a blowout (11 or more points)

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Texas A&M in a close one (1-10 points)

Votes: 17 31.5%
  • Texas A&M in a blowout (11 or more points)

Votes: 23 42.6%

• Total voters

Sam

Reaction score
I'm going
OU 69
Texas A&M 75

We're going to battle but A&M is going to pull out a close win due to home the crowd factor.

Now I would love to be wrong though.

We hang close for a few minutes and they start to break away by halftime and our team begins to give up :(

I don't think we'll win, but I am hopeful that the days of us going on the road and getting blown out by solid yet unspectacular teams are over.

Guys, I really think we win this one...and I am going to say it is not going to really "feel" that close...final score will be close but we will win easily....5-10 point win...

I think we match up well so I am more confident about this game than any other big 12 game so far this year

I think we will fight hard the entire game. I don't think we will give up. I just think going on the road will be tough and the offensive execution will not be good enough to overcome A&M's good defense and home crowd.

A&M 69
OU 64

I think it is much more competitive than against Baylor but we still lose by 8-10.

Until I see different (performance away from home):
A*M - 75
OU - 62

Until I see different (performance away from home):
A*M - 75
OU - 62

This sounds about right to me, also. I hope we're wrong but I can't predict otherwise until I see something different than at Baylor and Gonzaga.

I was one of the few who predicted OU's win over Missouri on Saturday. The reason: the Sooners play really well at the LNC. But that's why I'm afraid we lose tonight to the Aggies. OU simply has not played well away from the friendly confines all year long. I'd almost be willing to give my right arm to be wrong. I think the Sooners will keep it close, but:

A&M 70
OU 66

I voted close win and it's quite optimistic. I don't know if I really believe that, but I felt like going to ten points was a lot. I think we'll play close at the very least and probably cover the 7.5. If you want an analogy--think the game we played in Capel's first year. Played close, let it slip away, but still played a bit closer than people expected.

Here's why: Look at the teams OU has lost to. With the exception of San Diego and possibly VCU (was at a wedding and forgot to DVR), they have been teams that use their athleticism to take advantage of being lazy on defense.

Texas A&M isn't as athletic as most of the teams we've lost to. They are bigger guys who get tough rebounds. We're not beasts on the boards anyway, so it's not like that's the reason we've been in games that we've won or lost games that we've lost. A&M isn't a team that will out-athlete you and they haven't been for years.

We've also had a newfound interest in playing tougher defense. Are we the best defensive team of all time? Of course not. It's still not ideal. But the past two games we've muddied up games AND we've won. If we lost, I don't know if the players buy in, but we've won and I feel like that's going to help.

Ou struggles on the road, aTm covers the 7.5. Hope I am wrong but aTm's inside guys will give Ou problems.

Looking for a close one but I think we pull it out in the end partially due to A&M dropping the OT at UT and being a bit hung over from it. Hoping Tiny comes out big tonight.

OU 70
A&M 67

We're barely beating average Big 12 teams at home, so I really don't like our chances against anyone really on the road. A&M by 10+. Hope I'm wrong.

Back