+!+!+!+!+!+!+OU-Baylor Gameday Thread+!+!+!+!+!+!+

Did anyone else besides me question Lon's last time out? Gathers had to execute a tough "miss the basket" shot, AND get a long rebound to Baylor AND get off a tying or winning shot, all in 2.2 seconds. By calling TO, Lon gave Drew time to work on HIS strategy. I would just rather have let the second FT gone without the time out. But that's just me, I guess....

had to stop watching. maybe they can iron out some kinks in the conf tourney and get a reboot for the ncaa's. it does happen. Ive seen it.

Did anyone else besides me question Lon's last time out? Gathers had to execute a tough "miss the basket" shot, AND get a long rebound to Baylor AND get off a tying or winning shot, all in 2.2 seconds. By calling TO, Lon gave Drew time to work on HIS strategy. I would just rather have let the second FT gone without the time out. But that's just me, I guess....

Definitely didn't like the timeout either.

So when was the last game that we played two good halves?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perhaps when we played Baylor in Waco? All I know is that we've covered the point spread 6 times this calendar year (at KU, at BU, at WVU, TTech, TCU, OSU). If my math is correct, that's less than 3 games a month on average. I'll admit I've lowered my expectations a bit, so I'm just happy now when we get a win. I knew Baylor would make a run, but never thought it would get quite thisclose.

If we can bottle-up how we played in the first half, no one will beat us. No one. And if we bottle-up how we played in the second half, our next win will be in November. I give up trying to analyze what the heck is going on.

I saw several posters dog-cussing Spangler upthread over this 'n that. I'll tell those people, we are gonna miss Spangs next year!
Sure, he doesn't show up every game, but very few players can bring it every night.

All that he did tonight, (for those detractors previously mentioned) is this:

15 points; 1 for 4 from 3; 8 offensive & 5 defensive boards for a total of 13; 5 assts; only 2 turnovers, and only 1 foul. Pretty good night's work, IMO.

Spangler 100% was not the problem tonight.

Nope, he ended up with what 15 points and 13 boards. That's not the problem. Not taking care of the ball and not guarding the perimeter were the problems on the 2nd half. That is on the guards

Went to sleep at half - yes thankfully it was a win but these guys are supposed to be seniors and not do stuff like that - and Lon leaving Cousins on the bench while we were throwing everything away was baffling

Back