OU Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not opposed to a football board, just not one that could potentially undermine the mission this site was founded on, long before it was announced publicly. Our primary focus is basketball; OU hoops (thus, the name) in particular.

MGB's idea is not a bad one, and it may have merit, because I do believe our members are capable of discussing most any topic (see exceptions below) in a civil manner. But, for my part, I would rather see OUHoops remain a basketball-only web site. That's one of the things that sets us apart from the others.

As an aside, I'm strongly opposed to adding an off-topics board where religion and politics are discussed. Those are two topics that create a no-win situation for administrators and moderators, and it would almost certainly destroy the reasonably peaceful atmosphere this site is known for. Sorry, but I've got to give a big thumbs down to that one.

Dis one! haha :boomer :sooner :clap :woot

well i think potential absurdity of a message board is about the size, for the most part. the reason why this site is so great is b/c there aren't thousands of people logging on all day long.

there's a great, intimate and manageable selection of OU Hoops posters here who make this site such a pleasure.

with that said, i do think the possibility of a football board "could" be a good thing here. i too yearn for some OU football talk with normal, intelligent folks that quite simply cannot be found elsewhere.

my suggestions for creating a football board:
1. keep it down at the bottom of the Forum List
2. make a codename for it like: Llabtoof board, Oblong Ball Board or OU Croquet Club Board.
3. give it a try, if it becomes a cesspool for...well, you know what, then simply kill the board. no big deal. there's nothing that drives a large portion of OU football fans away like OU Hoops discussion.

I like this guys ideas if we are going to do a football board... Call it the OU Croquet Club and just make it open for football talk. Outsiders wont come here in huge numbers because they wont suspect a football board, yet we can talk football with all the great posters we currently have.

I say go for it, but keep it incognito.

Last edited:
bigabd, I like your idea. I am basically a lurker here but do occasionally post on the women's board.

Here is a sample of what I will bring to the football forum.

"Guys. is it just me or doez venzy look like a friggin male model?"

A football forum would ruin this website however an off topic forum would be awesome!

Actually, this thread could be the forum. lol

I have to admit what got me to thinking about this was Michael Vick. I was curious about opinions on whether or not he should be reinstated.

My opinion is that he has more than paid the price for what He did. I guess today Goodell is reinstating him but also suspending him the first 6 games of the season.

Fair enough. Where do you folks think he ends up? I have no idea. New England might be my best guess.

I was thinking he should end up in San Francisco. They need someone to bring life back to their franchise.

check the smack forum. i've started lots of ou "pigskin" talk there.

Bob_Stoops_0004.jpg

Actually, this thread could be the forum. lol

I have to admit what got me to thinking about this was Michael Vick. I was curious about opinions on whether or not he should be reinstated.

My opinion is that he has more than paid the price for what He did. I guess today Goodell is reinstating him but also suspending him the first 6 games of the season.

Fair enough. Where do you folks think he ends up? I have no idea. New England might be my best guess.

Best idea

Aren't there enough places to discuss OU football?

of course there are plenty of places to discuss OU football, but how many are with somewhat level-headed, intelligent fans?

if this utopia exists, please let me know b/c i certainly am unaware of it.

Hate to be the bad guy here, but it's just going to be hoops talk for now. First off, this is OUHoops.com so I'm not too keen on putting a football board here when we're doing this to try and build awareness and show for a program that's already overshadowed by Football.

I still haven't closed the door on creating an off-topic board in the future where OU Football could obviously be discussed, but at this point I'm just not ready to deal with the extra moderating mess that comes with it.

Please pm me in the future if you have any other questions or ideas regarding this topic rather than posting about it on the hoops board. Again, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back