OU frontcourt vs. teams with versatile big guys

thebigabd

Reaction score
How do you guys see OU doing against teams with big guys that can shoot and put it on the floor?

Fitzgerald/Gallon vs. Mike Singletary at Tech...
Fitzgerald/Gallon vs. James Anderson and Matt Pilgrim at OSU
Fitzgerald/Gallon vs. Laurence Bowers, Justin Safford, Keith Ramsey at MU
Fitzgerald/Gallon vs. Damion James at Texas
Fitzgerald/Gallon vs. Relphorde and Dufault at Colorado
Fitzgerald/Gallon vs. Craig Brackins, Marquis Gilstrap, Laron Dendy at ISU

There are more, but you get the idea....

Can OU's post guys guard people on the perimeter? Because most of the teams OU faces have the ability to do that at their four and five spots.

All I know is that we are going to get destroyed inside vs. Texas.
Mizzou will be a problem with the up-tempo.

I honestly can't believe we gave a scholly to Hardrick. Especially with Allen currently riding the pine.

All I know is that we are going to get destroyed inside vs. Texas.
Mizzou will be a problem with the up-tempo.

I honestly can't believe we gave a scholly to Hardrick. Especially with Allen currently riding the pine.

No you're not, cheno said Tiny was going to give Pittman the bizness. cheno refused to believe Pittman will also stay on the floor longer, I tried to tell him. He said James is undersized as a college PF so why worry about a lil dude like James campbest, trust cheno. And ou recruits are better than their rankings, but a player like Hamilton at Texas is not on their level(although he plays SF and he won't be banging). Just ask cheno, no worries for ou against Texas on the inside.

No you're not, cheno said Tiny was going to give Pittman the bizness. cheno refused to believe Pittman will also stay on the floor longer, I tried to tell him. He said James is undersized as a college PF so why worry about a lil dude like James campbest, trust cheno. And ou recruits are better than their rankings, but a player like Hamilton at Texas is not on their level(although he plays SF and he won't be banging). Just ask cheno, no worries for ou against Texas on the inside.

I think you know as well as we do that cheno's feelings are in the minority. I like the potential we have, but the two in-conference bigs that worry me the most are Pittman and Aldrich.

Expect to see more 4 guard line ups vs those teams, Cade and Crocker are tough guards I think vs some of those teams they're be able to match up down low vs those guys if Ryan continues to develop.

The ONLY thing that Pittman will have on Tiny is experience. If Tiny's game progresses (and I think it will), I don't think it's far-fetched AT ALL to believe Tiny might wear Pittman out. Hopefully, at that point, Tiny will have earned to right to step out to the perimeter - a place Mr. Pittman will have ZERO chance defending him.

That said, no doubt Tiny will have trouble defending Pittman and ONLY because he's young and inexperienced.

Guys like Mike Singletary, Damion James, and James Anderson are where I really wish we still had Patillo. Now, I'm not criticizing Capel's decision--it definitely was the right one--but I do wish we had another guy that could play in the paint, get some blocks, and use up some fouls against the faster guys that Fitz might struggle with.

Also James Anderson isn't in the same class as say a Singletary/James type 4, he is more like Crocker than one of them. Vs OSU there will just be more 4 guard sets with Crocker manned up on Anderson.

I think you know as well as we do that cheno's feelings are in the minority. I like the potential we have, but the two in-conference bigs that worry me the most are Pittman and Aldrich.

I know, it just made me laugh that cheno said such things.

True or false....Gonzaga's soph big man Sacre who avg 3 ppg as a freshmen just LIT Pittman up in the Texas/Gonzaga scrimmage. TRUE! Went for almost 30 out of their around 70 against Texas. Fact.
I do think Tiny will give Pittman the business. He plays no D.

And I didn't say Hamiliton wasn't any good. I've never seen him play. I said I thought he was a headcase.
And I don't think Texas is as deep inside with quality players.

Well the one thing we all know for sure is your obsessed with what I say. ;)

True or false....Gonzaga's soph big man Sacre who avg 3 ppg as a freshmen just LIT Pittman up in the Texas/Gonzaga scrimmage. TRUE! Went for almost 30 out of their around 70 against Texas. Fact.

And I didn't say Hamiliton wasn't any good. I've never seen him play. I said I thought he was a headcase.

Sacre also balled last night, so maybe he is better than advertised.

Sacre also balled last night, so maybe he is better than advertised.

The game at Gonzaga is going to be TOUGH. I'm glad it's not til near the end of December so we time to improve.

Texas has a bunch of frontcourt players this year. Johnson, Wangmene, Hill and Chapman to go along with Pittman & James. I would imagine James will play a lot of 3 and try to cause matchup problems that way.

I think you know Pittman didn't get lit up. That game was more for the younger cats, Barnes said so himself. Show me a quote that said he lit up Pittman. I'll wait.

On to the real conversation.

Obsessed, maybe I just remember over the top comments. Just kidding, I saw your wink. You weren't over the top. You just don't know what you speak of. Just like you refused to believe Pittman would play more than 20 minutes a games. I told you he was in MUCH better shape.

You went and said Pittman plays no defense. Tap the brakes, better yet put it in park and get out the car. Pittman has got much love for his defense, when he can breath. When he could breath he played well against Griffin. He shut down Lopez from Standford. Lopez said Pittman played better defense on him than anybody he had faced that year. But what does Lopez know compared to cheno. He played good defense against Aldrich also. I realize you're just bumping your gums, because Pittman plays very good defense.

And Tiny will get worked by Pittman and James. Tiny is the one with weak defense fella.

As far as Hamilton being a head case, not even close. That would be players on the ku team. As we all know. You don't want to compare notes in that area. So keep the head case comment for your 1st favorite team.

I can't wait for Texas and KU to play. I like the KU program and they gets much respect from me. They are the standard in the Big 12. Texas is trying to get to that level and it's been fun watching Barnes take the program to new heights. After saying that, Texas gone handle them boys this year. Pittman will get the best of Aldrich also. Yeah I said it.

Last edited:
How do you guys see OU doing against teams with big guys that can shoot and put it on the floor?

Fitzgerald/Gallon vs. Mike Singletary at Tech...
Fitzgerald/Gallon vs. James Anderson and Matt Pilgrim at OSU
Fitzgerald/Gallon vs. Laurence Bowers, Justin Safford, Keith Ramsey at MU
Fitzgerald/Gallon vs. Damion James at Texas
Fitzgerald/Gallon vs. Relphorde and Dufault at Colorado
Fitzgerald/Gallon vs. Craig Brackins, Marquis Gilstrap, Laron Dendy at ISU

There are more, but you get the idea....

Can OU's post guys guard people on the perimeter? Because most of the teams OU faces have the ability to do that at their four and five spots.

OU will be fine. These guys are better than many post players in the past at OU.

Texas has a bunch of frontcourt players this year. Johnson, Wangmene, Hill and Chapman to go along with Pittman & James. I would imagine James will play a lot of 3 and try to cause matchup problems that way.

i hope so 2 .. the more 3 james plays the worse off texas is

and just a note from watching texas last night .. the 2 true frosh hamiltion and avery .. have a long long way to go ...

lucky for texas they have lots of solid returning guys ... but they still have lots of problems shooting the 3 .. (we will see in jai helps in that regard)

also brown is legit .. he will be in the rotation all year ..

Back