What the Big 12 will possibly lose this year

thebigabd

Reaction score
The Big 12 will probably be losing several guys to the NBA, and lots of other long term starters, role players, and regular rotation guys. Big 12 might be reloading after this year.

Oklahoma
Tiny Gallon (NBA)
Willie Warren (NBA)
Tony Crocker (GRAD)

Oklahoma State
Obi Muenolo (GRAD)
James Anderson (NBA)

Kansas
Cole Aldrich (NBA)
Sherron Collins (NBA)
Xavier Henry (NBA)
Mario Little (GRAD)

Texas
Avery Bradley (NBA)
Damion James (NBA)
Justin Mason (Grad)
Dexter Pittman (Grad)

Missouri
JT Tiller (Big 12 Defensive Player of the Year candidate)
Zaire Taylor (Newcomer of the Year)
Keith Ramsey

Iowa State
Craig Brackins (NBA)
Marquis Gilstrap (one has one year of eligibilty unless he wins appeal)
Jamie Vanderbeken

Texas Tech
Nick Okorie (GRAD)

Kansas State
Denis Clemente (GRAD)

Baylor
Tweety Carter (GRAD)
Josh Lomers (GRAD)

Nebraska
Ryan Anderson (GRAD)
Sek Henry (GRAD)

Colorado
Dwight Thorne (GRAD)

Texas A&M
Bryan Davis
Derrick Roland
Donald Sloan

I would be shocked if Tiny and Xavier were one and done guys.

Need to add Lace Dunn and Udoh to Baylor's list.
Lace Dunn is a 20+ guy and Udoh is like Tim Duncan but a better shot blocker.

Why? Tiny only wants to be at OU one year, and will probably put up big scoring numbers which will put him in the top 20.

Henry is already a projected top 20 pick.

Need to add Lace Dunn and Udoh to Baylor's list.
Lace Dunn is a 20+ guy and Udoh is like Tim Duncan but a better shot blocker.

Tim Duncan couldn't touch Udoh's jock :) I only compared Ekpe to Duncan in this regard... He is not in a hurry and allows the game to come to him. Duncan is the best at this and Ekpe has that quality. Obviously, Ekpe is nowhere near the player Duncan is at this point. And probably never will be. But who am I to limit the guy?

I wont be shocked if Tiny is one and done because I believe his number one goal is to play in the NBA. If he's projected as a top 10 pick after this year then I think he will go. I think this could be possible because he will be relied on so heavily to play big minutes and put up big numbers this year.

I don't think Xavier will have a big enough role at KU to put up the kind of numbers to leave early this year. They have enough around him that even if he starts he would be the 3rd option at best. Of course if they win the Nat Title I guess everybody could go at once.

The Big 12 will probably be losing several guys to the NBA, and lots of other long term starters, role players, and regular rotation guys. Big 12 might be reloading after this year.

Oklahoma
Tiny Gallon (NBA)
Willie Warren (NBA)
Tony Crocker (GRAD)

Oklahoma State
Obi Muenolo (GRAD)
James Anderson (NBA)

Kansas
Cole Aldrich (NBA)
Sherron Collins (NBA)
Xavier Henry (NBA)
Mario Little (GRAD)

Texas
Avery Bradley (NBA)
Damion James (NBA)
Justin Mason (Grad)
Dexter Pittman (Grad)

Missouri
Keith Ramsey

Iowa State
Craig Brackins (NBA)
Jamie Vanderbeken

Texas Tech
Nick Okorie (GRAD)

Kansas State
Denis Clemente (GRAD)

Baylor
Tweety Carter (GRAD)
Josh Lomers (GRAD)

Nebraska
Ryan Anderson (GRAD)
Sek Henry (GRAD)

Colorado
Dwight Thorne (GRAD)

Texas A&M
Bryan Davis
Derrick Roland
Donald Sloan

ABD,
You left off one key guy!

Here, I'll fix it.

Oklahoma
Tiny Gallon (NBA)
Willie Warren (NBA)
Tony Crocker (GRAD)
Beau Gerber (GRAD/NBA)

Oklahoma State
Obi Muenolo (GRAD)
James Anderson (NBA)

Kansas
Cole Aldrich (NBA)
Sherron Collins (NBA)
Xavier Henry (NBA)
Mario Little (GRAD)

Texas
Avery Bradley (NBA)
Damion James (NBA)
Justin Mason (Grad)
Dexter Pittman (Grad)

Missouri
Keith Ramsey

Iowa State
Craig Brackins (NBA)
Jamie Vanderbeken

Texas Tech
Nick Okorie (GRAD)

Kansas State
Denis Clemente (GRAD)

Baylor
Tweety Carter (GRAD)
Josh Lomers (GRAD)

Nebraska
Ryan Anderson (GRAD)
Sek Henry (GRAD)

Colorado
Dwight Thorne (GRAD)

Texas A&M
Bryan Davis
Derrick Roland
Donald Sloan

I don't see Tiny leaving after one year. He is truly the type of guy that will benefit from 2, or maybe even 3 years of college. Still not sure how his game translates to the NBA. Will he be a small PF in the mold of Big Baby?

I think Tiny is very much a one and done candidate. He'll be OU's #2 option and put up huge numbers. Plus it's a weak draft and he's commented that he wants to be one and done. I think it would be great for the program recruiting wise if OU follows up having the #1 pick in the draft this year with a top 5 pick in WW and another 1st rounder in Gallon this year. I think it would be awesome for Tiny.

I don't think Xavier will have a big enough role at KU to put up the kind of numbers to leave early this year. They have enough around him that even if he starts he would be the 3rd option at best. Of course if they win the Nat Title I guess everybody could go at once.

Nah, X is one and done. What you said doesn't really matter...he doesn't need to be anything more than the 3rd option and doesn't need to put up huge numbers. The scouts realize the talent KU has and that KU is a school that emphasizes team play. Derozan was USC 3rd option and he went lottery. Jrue Holiday was UCLA's 5th leading scorer last year at 8 a game (on not a great UCLA team) and went top 20. Daquean Cook from Ohio St didn't even average double figures and went top 20 I believe a few years ago. Marvin Williams didn't even start on that loaded UNC team that won it all and he went #2 in the draft. He was like the 5th or 6th leading scorer on that team. This KU team is very much like that UNC team as far as loaded talent. The scouts won't hold X Henry to his numbers. He just needs to show he's capable of playing to his rep which I have no doubt he will. In fact, it will be easier to do that since KU is so loaded. Teams will be forced to deal with Collins and Aldrich first.

Plus it's a weak draft and he's commented that he wants to be one and done.

It isn't a weak draft for bigs. May not be great, but alot of depth. Try to list out all of the good college players returning. You can barely name any guards, as they are all big men.

It isn't a weak draft for bigs. May not be great, but alot of depth. Try to list out all of the good college players returning. You can barely name any guards, as they are all big men.

That is an outstanding point. Tiny and Udoh probably stay for that reason. And you may see the a high percentage of the better guards in the big 12 go due to the lack of guard depth (Warren, Collins, Xavier Henry, Avery Bradley, Anderson, Dunn, maybe even Taylor at KU and Hamilton UT).

Outside of the big 12, the guard crop is weak. You have:

Paul George 6'6" SG at Fresno State
Evan Turner 6'6" SG at Ohio State
Kemba Walker 5'11" PG at UConn
Jerome Dyson 6'3" SG at UConn
JP Prince 6'5" SG at Tenn
Greivis Vasquez 6'6" PG at Maryland
Dwight Lewis 6'5" SG at USC
Nic Wise 5'11" PG at Arizona

Except for George and Turner, I am not sure any of those guys project in the 1st round. Maybe Vasquez if he cuts down on his turnovers.

It's still overall a weak draft. There are still 30 1st round slots to fill.
Guys like Larry Sanders, Patrick Patterson, Bruce Babbit, Greg Monroe, Soloman Alibi, Al Aminu, Ganai Lawal, Michael Washington, Stanley Robinson, Tyler Smith, Paul George, Dwayne Collins, Lazar Hayward, Rodrick Flemings, etc are all projected 1st round draft picks. That's not really an imposing bunch.

That is an outstanding point. Tiny and Udoh probably stay for that reason. And you may see the a high percentage of the better guards in the big 12 go due to the lack of guard depth (Warren, Collins, Xavier Henry, Avery Bradley, Anderson, Dunn, maybe even Taylor at KU and Hamilton UT).

Outside of the big 12, the guard crop is weak. You have:

Paul George 6'6" SG at Fresno State
Evan Turner 6'6" SG at Ohio State
Kemba Walker 5'11" PG at UConn
Jerome Dyson 6'3" SG at UConn
JP Prince 6'5" SG at Tenn
Greivis Vasquez 6'6" PG at Maryland
Dwight Lewis 6'5" SG at USC
Nic Wise 5'11" PG at Arizona

Except for George and Turner, I am not sure any of those guys project in the 1st round. Maybe Vasquez if he cuts down on his turnovers.

Earty to DFW, Udoh is not going pro early. If Varnardo had to come back, Udoh would too. Udoh is not half of Varnardo.

Back