OU In On Latavious Williams

Boomer Sooner

Reaction score
“Right now I am still looking forward to going to Georgetown tomorrow,” said Williams. “After that I am supposed to go up to Oklahoma and then after that I am going to Cincinnati. Then my last visit is going to be to Memphis. I have also been talking to the head coach at Kansas State (Frank Martin).”

This is a huge surprise to me. We are in his final four.
http://ouinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112116

:clap James!

(sorry if this is old news)

Props to Hale btw...I really digging his effort in getting hoops interviews here lately! Hope he keeps it up. :clap

YES!

now, back off capel!
icon8.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
What I have heard about him:

Pretty good kid; comparisons to Tyrus Thomas (LSU/Bulls)

Handler$ are a major problem

Longshot to qualify academically; if he does qualify may open up a can of worms on transcript.

But I must admit that if Georgetown; K St and OU are pursuing then maybe they feel comfortable with the above.

K St and Baylor were his leader at one time. Both have cooled on him and I would bet it is mostly due to the handlers.

K-State and Baylor backing off of anyone should be a HUGE red flag.

What I have heard about him:

Pretty good kid; comparisons to Tyrus Thomas (LSU/Bulls)

Handler$ are a major problem

Longshot to qualify academically; if he does qualify may open up a can of worms on transcript.

But I must admit that if Georgetown; K St and OU are pursuing then maybe they feel comfortable with the above.

K St and Baylor were his leader at one time. Both have cooled on him and I would bet it is mostly due to the handlers.

I can't imagine that K St and Baylor would cool on the kid if money was the only issue. ;)

This piece of information caught everyone by surprise. James Hale has really been on top of his game with basketball recruiting information lately. Props to him!

Williams is obviously an awesome talent and a terrific get in the late signing period. I'm sure our coaches have done their homework and know what they're doing. He would elevate an already great class to no worse than the top three or four in 2009. Reel him in coach! We need another big who can post people up and score.

James had a follow up saying that he will be here on Monday or Tuesday.

Back