>>>>>>>OU-Iowa State Gameday Thread<<<<<<<

Re: >>>>>>>OU-Iowa State Gameday Thread<<<<<<<

Off nights by Hield and Cousins and we still win.....not sure how but I'll take it.

I don't know if they were "off", but they weren't near as efficient as we have become accustomed to....that's for sure.

Cousins was big in the 2nd half. Buddy had 22. Not bad.

It was a "forced" 22 which isn't good. If he goes 8-23 against KU, we'll lose by double-digits. Buddy has to stop forcing shots...but I loved the way he attacked the rim. It's exciting to win a big game when the team played a bit uneven. OU played with a lot of energy, did a great job getting offensive rebounds and committed very few turnovers. Lots of good despite poor shot-selection. While the defense didn't appear to look great, I think some of that was because ISU is just a great offensive team. That Burton transfer looks really good for them.

Their shooting efficiency was what I was referring to. If they shoot anywhere close to norm this is a runaway. It's not like ISU is a great defensive team either.

Buddy is a shooter first sometimes those bad looking 3s go in with him. Kinda like with Durant in the NBA. But I agree if teams are covering his shots better like ISU was and KU probably will Monday. Buddy needs to go to the basket more. And he did that today. Missed a couple of close shots.

This was definitely a tale of two halves. First was forcing things when not there and the second was more of the flow that we are used to seeing. The shots were finally going in especially for Cousins. This team never quits and is calm, cool and collected when they are down. You don't see any panicked in them. This is a special team.

It was a "forced" 22 which isn't good. If he goes 8-23 against KU, we'll lose by double-digits. Buddy has to stop forcing shots...but I loved the way he attacked the rim. It's exciting to win a big game when the team played a bit uneven. OU played with a lot of energy, did a great job getting offensive rebounds and committed very few turnovers. Lots of good despite poor shot-selection. While the defense didn't appear to look great, I think some of that was because ISU is just a great offensive team. That Burton transfer looks really good for them.

This. It was a game between two good teams. It's nice to see the low turnovers and lots of energy. The shots will come but they found a way to fight through it tonight.

Cousins was Mr Hyde/Dr Jekyl. His second half was what we needed. Five guys in double figures. ISU did almost nothing wrong, except lose. They hit everything.

Cousins was Mr Hyde/Dr Jekyl. His second half was what we needed. Five guys in double figures. ISU did almost nothing wrong, except lose. They hit everything.

Coach had faith in Cousins at the start of the second half. He gave him the opportunity to get into it because the Sooners needed him to not give up.

You are exactly right. They hit everything until they really needed it. This wasn't our best defensive night. The one thing that matters is the w in the column. BOOMER!!!!!

There were a couple of big plays at the end. First, Morris missed that late 3 that would have gotten them the lead. Secondly, I was worried about the 5 second count on that late throw in. He made a tough pass to Buddy because they had him defended.

That was far from OU's "A" game and they still won. Shows how good this team really is.

Lattin, AK, and James all showed flashes, which along with Woodard coming back and the other young guys makes me excited for the future as well.

Huge props to Cousins 2nd half performance. Very nice job of fighting thru an off night (1st half).

Congrats guys......Fun game to watch.......Now let's get the hawks on Monday!!!!

That was far from OU's "A" game and they still won. Shows how good this team really is.

Lattin, AK, and James all showed flashes, which along with Woodard coming back and the other young guys makes me excited for the future as well.

Ya i actually think manyang should have played more and probably walker

Huge props to Cousins 2nd half performance. Very nice job of fighting thru an off night (1st half).

And props to Walker, who played really well in the first half.

Ya i actually think manyang should have played more and probably walker

I'm not sure Iowa states lineups mesh with manyang skills. He will be more needed against traditional bigs. IMO

I'm not sure Iowa states lineups mesh with manyang skills. He will be more needed against traditional bigs. IMO

Maybe.. But when he was in. He altered shots got boards and really did pretty well

Iowa State can really play, they basically added Nolan Johnson with a jump shot to a top 10 type team at semester. To only play average and beat them is a good win

Back