OU is likely to offer Josh Richardson

Sam

Reaction score
Tweet by Guerin Emig
Just talked to Rivals' Jerry Meyer. Says it's "very likely" #OU will offer schol to Santa Fe G Josh Richardson. Sign period begins April 13.

Other schools recruiting him are: TCU, Missouri St, Tennessee, Georgia Tech (that was under Hewit though)

Here is various coverage OUHoops has had on Richardson over the past year.

He was ranked first when we unveiled our Oklahoma class of 2011 rankings in February

2011 Rankings

Here is an interview with William Jennings

From the OKC player of the year write up (won by Obi Emegano but Richardson was a candidate)
Josh Richardson, 6’5 SF, Edmond Santa Fe: Richardson played four positions this year for the Wolves but his future lies on the wing as he is ranked as a top 150 national player by Rivals for his potential as a Division One wing. He also led Santa Fe to the 6A State Semifinals with a 17 points per game average.

These are the type of solid local kids that we need to sign to build a solid roster with depth. Hope he's a Sooner.

Finally!!!! Can we offer Dom Raney too? And take whoever signs first.

Any info on the kid? Sorry, I'm not up to date on the state kids this year.

Can someone tell me about this kid? Is he a Godbold type, Crocker type? Please elaborate.

Thanks.

Are we going to offer Jarion Henry as well? He's a legacy, a 4-star, and 6'8, so he could help possibly...

From the times I've seen Richardson this is how I would describe him.

He's 6'5, long but skinny. Very active on defense, good at getting in passing lanes and loves to get out and run. Best in transition. On offense in half court he is best when attacking the hoop.

As far as college, I see him as the potential to be a high level defender, on and off the ball. Offensively though I don't see him as being a big time scorer at the Big 12 level. He is likely to be a small contributor as a freshman and sophomore with the chance to play a lot of minutes as an upperclassman. I would expect his career to be similar to David Godbold (2004-08).

From the times I've seen Richardson this is how I would describe him.

He's 6'5, long but skinny. Very active on defense, good at getting in passing lanes and loves to get out and run. Best in transition. On offense in half court he is best when attacking the hoop.

As far as college, I see him as the potential to be a high level defender, on and off the ball. Offensively though I don't see him as being a big time scorer at the Big 12 level. He is likely to be a small contributor as a freshman and sophomore with the chance to play a lot of minutes as an upperclassman. I would expect his career to be similar to David Godbold (2004-08).

If true, that is fine. But I certainly wouldn't want to sign more than one such player this year. A roster made up of guys like that isn't very good. But one or two, separated by a year or two, is fine.

Wish we knew exactly what our roster situation is going to be.

Just looked at Rivals.

Both Richardson and Jarion Henry (Skeeters son) are top 150 players. Don't know if there is room but would be thrilled to get two 150 guys this late.

From what I have heard hardrick and thompson are both out.

I updated the first post in this thread to include various coverage OUHoops.com has done on Richardson this year.

So why was he not offered by the old coach?

Capel didn't recruit the state of Oklahoma well in my book.

Also his main focus in 2011 was PG and Posts. He didn't want to "waste" scholarships on other positions.

Capel didn't recruit the state of Oklahoma well in my book.

Also his main focus in 2011 was PG and Posts. He didn't want to "waste" scholarships on other positions.

What about the other scholarships he already wasted, without naming names.

I've seen Dom and Josh play a few times this year. Josh never really stood out in those games..Dom did.

Neither appeared to be high-level, D-1 recruits when I saw them or maybe I just expected them to be better than everyone else on the court - that wasn't the case.

I didn't see Godbold play in HS, so I can't compare.

Just looked at Rivals.

Both Richardson and Jarion Henry (Skeeters son) are top 150 players. Don't know if there is room but would be thrilled to get two 150 guys this late.

From what I have heard hardrick and thompson are both out.

Where is this info on Thompson coming from? He was at Krugers introduction yesterday with the team.

Back