OU is likely to offer Josh Richardson

I dont think he is an OU caliber guy. Missouri State or TCU seems about right. He has a slow release and a major hitch in his shooting form. He is also very skinny as Sam mentioned. I think he'd get pushed around in trying to guard Big 12 level 3s.

Godbold was quite a bit bigger and stronger than Josh at the same age.

I'd rather have Dom as well if Coach can handle his attitude and volume shooting.

Jmo

I'd rather have Dom as well if Coach can handle his attitude and volume shooting.

I actually preferred the attitude I saw from Dom over that of Josh. Dom didn't appear to be selfish in those games either. I realize I only saw them a couple of times each, but just giving my opinion.

I think he's OU caliber if he redshirts, puts on 20 pounds and Kruger fixes his shooting form. He's no worse a prospect than Godbold or Selvy. Let him learn for a year or two and I think he'd contribute something along the lines of 5-7 ppg w/ good defensive play. He's long so that should translate well at the 2 spot.

If he is even close to Selvy you jump all over him. Selvy was a high flyer. This kid has that size and athletic ability? Hard to believe since he's still available.

nice athlete but i wouldn't say a high flyer. I agree with the defensive assessment. He had a harm time taking over the semi-final game against Edmond Memorial... he can shoot it a lil though i would say similar to Godbold probably more athletic

I dont think he is an OU caliber guy. Missouri State or TCU seems about right. He has a slow release and a major hitch in his shooting form. He is also very skinny as Sam mentioned. I think he'd get pushed around in trying to guard Big 12 level 3s.

Godbold was quite a bit bigger and stronger than Josh at the same age.

Jmo

I don't see how you can say Dom is more OU caliber than Josh. Dom is more of a one trick pony. He is a scorer that needs the ball in his hands.

Raney is listed at 6'4 but he can't be much more than 6'2 and that is going to hurt him if he played at a high major school like OU. He's a streaky shooter who falls in love with his shot much too often for my liking. He's pretty quick and can get in the lane so he has that going for him but I question if he has the size to finish among college bigs. Raney's game is similar to Newell's and does OU really need two of those on the roster at the same time?

Richardson has more room to grow than Raney. In some ways Raney has already peaked. Dom seems like the type personality wise and game wise who would do best at an ORU or TU as "the guy".

Richardson has much more room to grow as a player. He may never be a super star type but he is the type of 4 year player that helps build a roster. From all signs he is also a good kid with a good attitude.

Another update from Meyer.

Interest is also heating up between Oklahoma’s new staff and Richardson.

“Oklahoma has been talking to me and my family,” said Richardson, who is from Edmond (Okla.) Santa Fe High School. “Coach Kruger wants to see me play before they offer.”

I cannot tell you how excited it makes me to see this new staff already smothering the Oklahoma talent.

Is this a sign Terry Evans may be joining the staff? I would imagine he's the only person rumored to be on staff or confirmed on staff who has seen Richardson play.

Not the right coaching staff, but I had a hunch Richardson would get one of our last schollies. Everything I have heard and seen is very similar to what Sam mentioned...Richardson's ceiling is high.

I can understand why Capel didn't go after him (we did need a PG and posts) because it's going to take him a year to get acclimated physically. He is a perfect redshirt candidate and I expect to see good things from him in the future. Solid pick-up if it happens, he is a Kruger-esque recruit, someone who can get out and defend.

Josh has a lot of potential (Only 17) he has come a long way i hope we get him.

nice athlete but i wouldn't say a high flyer. I agree with the defensive assessment. He had a harm time taking over the semi-final game against Edmond Memorial... he can shoot it a lil though i would say similar to Godbold probably more athletic

The scouting report on Josh is he's a high level athlete, but is raw offensively. I have seen him play many times and would characterize him as a high flyer.

Highlights of Richardson (#20 in white) here at the 10 second, 35 second, 1:03 and 2:11 mark. Also some good clips of Dom Raney (#23 in black) from PC throughout:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zl6aNX7n_co[/ame]

More clips of Richardson (#20 in Green) at the 28 seconds, 54 seconds, 1:23 and 1:59 mark. There's also some good stuff of sophomore guard Jordan Woodard (#10 in white) from Edmond Memorial.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OQaVoScI7M&feature=related[/ame]

Back