OU is likely to offer Josh Richardson

I like the idea of Richardson because I think he has a high ceiling, but I worry about his attitude but not as much with this staff. Plus I think his relationships with other Oklahoma talent ( aau teammates and high school teammate - Shaq Morris) could pay off. I like the idea of him and Henry as I mentioned in other post, but if Henry is a non-qualifier then I would recruit Him hard to be able to place him in juco(I think he has some teammates that are good as well).

I don't see how you can say Dom is more OU caliber than Josh. Dom is more of a one trick pony. He is a scorer that needs the ball in his hands.

Raney is listed at 6'4 but he can't be much more than 6'2 and that is going to hurt him if he played at a high major school like OU. He's a streaky shooter who falls in love with his shot much too often for my liking. He's pretty quick and can get in the lane so he has that going for him but I question if he has the size to finish among college bigs. Raney's game is similar to Newell's and does OU really need two of those on the roster at the same time?

Richardson has more room to grow than Raney. In some ways Raney has already peaked. Dom seems like the type personality wise and game wise who would do best at an ORU or TU as "the guy".

Richardson has much more room to grow as a player. He may never be a super star type but he is the type of 4 year player that helps build a roster. From all signs he is also a good kid with a good attitude.

Some good points Sam. I am not sure that I would take either to be honost. It intrigues me that Josh is still only 17.

I'll put it this way, if we end up with only two ships to give, then I would want to take a PG and a big. If we manage to free up a third ship, then I would want to really give those two a look.

Back