OU needs a 7'3'' center

thebigabd

Reaction score
Utah always seems to have one... Capel needs to find out where they grow these guys and go sign on.

Stiff or not, that guy impacts the game for them in a big way.

Utah always seems to have one... Capel needs to find out where they grow these guys and go sign on.

rim-shot-johnny-utah.jpg

I'll tell you what, all those 7 footers have a face only a mother can love. I about threw up in my mouth multiple times
when they focused in on his face.

What? The guy blocked like 10 shots out there today, lol....

In large part because, outside of Willie, no one would drive into his body. I was especially disappointed in the weak sauce Tony threw up there on his drive. Still scratching my head though on how Foster played the last 5 minutes of regulation and all of OT without picking up his 5th.

He looked awful against OSU. I don't know what snapped for him this afternoon.

The thing that bothers me is that they, Utah, had 3 bigs that were better than any big we have at OU not named Tiny.

I would not call him a stiff. He played a good game. He was a presence on defenese and if they had been smart enough to run their offense through him they may have won the game. He had a couple of really nice offensive plays and he darn sure wasn't a stiff on defense.

In large part because, outside of Willie, no one would drive into his body. I was especially disappointed in the weak sauce Tony threw up there on his drive. Still scratching my head though on how Foster played the last 5 minutes of regulation and all of OT without picking up his 5th.

Foster had at least had 17 fouls, maybe more. I'm absolutely amazed he did not foul out in regulation. In fact, I just finished discussing this very topic with my wife and son. The zebras decided he was going to play the game so he played the game. Scratch your head no longer, he really did foul out 3 times.

They are a lot more of an impact when they're allowed toplay about 15 minutes of game time with 4 fouls. Just saying.

Foster had at least had 17 fouls, maybe more. I'm absolutely amazed he did not foul out in regulation. In fact, I just finished discussing this very topic with my wife and son. The zebras decided he was going to play the game so he played the game. Scratch your head no longer, he really did foul out 3 times.

Agree. The announcers made a big deal out of the fact that the zebras were calling it tight, but fair .... right up until they did not foul him out when Willie drew contact at the end of regulation, then it became the "refs would have been run out of here if they made that call, followed by the ref did not want to impact the game". So i suppose limiting Tiny G. to 10 minutes of game time on ticky tacky fouls was not "impacting" the game?

He's good for a team that drives to the bucket, but what if a team is hot from the three point line? Also, the guy got outrebounded by Tony Crocker, Ryan Wright, and Willie Warren and only had one more rebound than TMG.

Agree. The announcers made a big deal out of the fact that the zebras were calling it tight, but fair .... right up until they did not foul him out when Willie drew contact at the end of regulation, then it became the "refs would have been run out of here if they made that call, followed by the ref did not want to impact the game". So i suppose limiting Tiny G. to 10 minutes of game time on ticky tacky fouls was not "impacting" the game?

I had to make sure it wasn't a Utah television production in the second half. They were making a big deal out of WW drawing the contact on Foster, saying WW drove into him. Well, that's the whole point of making contact and picking up a foul. The announcer was saying that's why the foul wasn't called, the color commentator disagreed with him in saying that's why the foul should be called. It was a really confusing exchange. Utah's coach and bench got far more play than the Sooners. I'm glad we got the W. Congrats to Capel and the players.

Well the Versus network is basically the "home" of the Mountain West conference, so there you go.

Back