OU @ Nova in Big12 Big East challenge

BoulderSooner

Owner/Operator
Reaction score
[TWEET]https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/status/1526952432357584896?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1526952432357584896%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_c10&ref_url=[/TWEET]

We definitely set them up to be overconfident in the FF. We were just playing the long game. :) This game will be a few days shy of the anniversary of the 7th anniversary of the smackdown we put on them in the Pearl Harbor game. Still hard to believe there was a 60-pt swing between those two games.

How do they decide these matchups? Why are we, a team that tied for seventh in its conference and didn't even make the tourney last season, playing on the road against a Top 10 team last season that finished near the top of its conference and made it to the Final Four? That seems absurdly skewed.

How do they decide these matchups? Why are we, a team that tied for seventh in its conference and didn't even make the tourney last season, playing on the road against a Top 10 team last season that finished near the top of its conference and made it to the Final Four? That seems absurdly skewed.

We’ve had our share of easy games in these challenges over the years. And I don’t think it’s a given that Nova will be a great team early in the season. Lost some good players and obviously they will have a new coach. Not saying they won’t be good, but every school is going to end up playing tough opponents in these challenges eventually. We had a very favorable home game this season and couldn’t take advantage, now we have to go on the road and take on a tough team in a tough environment.

OU is a big name brand .. and tv likes us

Tech plays Georgetown, who went 0-19 in conference and 6-25 overall, in Lubbock while we play a Final Four team on the road.

It was THOUGHT that we’d been given a cupcake in this when the matchups were announced for last year. Unfortunately we were apparently bent on proving that notion wrong.

Play good people. If you want to be good.

Porter doesn’t want a cupcake in this part of the schedule.

Play good people. If you want to be good.

Porter doesn’t want a cupcake in this part of the schedule.

Agree. Lon and Shep showed the formula. Play a good noncon, win a handful of good RPI games, and you'll be in great shape. We cost ourselves dearly by losing to Butler and Utah State last year.

Is Nova going to be really good again next year?

Go look at some old films of Marquette under Al McGuire, Nova kinda plays like those teams, tough, hard nose

This is something no one can argue with.

The majority of OU games are on ESPN. And I love it. Majority of the reason I don't get ESPN+.

OU will have 12+ games on espn + next season

And between espn + and Bally it was 12 last season

Lost some really good players & the best active college coach.

Yea I think the jury is still out on how good they will be. I’ve seen some projections that have them in the top 10 but others barely in the top 20. It’ll be interesting to see if they can stay at an elite level after a coaching change. That’s one of the things that separates the true blue bloods.

Back