OU-NW Box Score

OU’s 16 rebound edge (52-36) in this game was special. This team is just physically and mentally tough! They found a way to win on the road when they weren’t having their best game on offense. That’s the mark of a very good team!

To have a worse assist to turnover ratio than Northwestern AND shoot 23.8% from three and still winning the game.......WOW.

To have a worse assist to turnover ratio than Northwestern AND shoot 23.8% from three and still winning the game.......WOW.

Defense travels. I was skeptical in the preseason when everyone was talking defense. Happy to see we are taking it seriously this year

Bench Scoring

12 .. Northwestern
33 .. Oklahoma

We arguably don't have a bench. I mean, officially we do, obviously, but our bench players see so much action and bring so much to the table, it's almost like we have 9 or 10 starters.

I don't recall if it was Toby or the color guy (whose name I can never recall), but one of them was praising Coach Kruger for substituting early tonight, saying that the benefit of that was getting everyone's feet wet, getting everyone warmed up and into the flow early on so they'd all be ready to contribute throughout.

I'd say that observation was prescient.

Last edited:
Another version of the stats:
https://nusports.com/sidearmstats/mbball/media

Doolittle
34 Minutes .. 2nd most on the team
14 Points .. Leading scorer on 7-of-12 shooting
9 Rebounds .. Tied for most on the team with Christian James
2 Assists and -0- Turnovers

Odomes and Doolittle combine for 27 points

Odomes and Doolittle combine to shoot 13-of-23 from the field (.565).
The rest of the OU TEAM was 19-of-52 from the field (.365).

every game we're gonna get a few runouts, some scores on fouls, and a few times that set plays will work. other than that the offense turns on a couple of guys being "on" that game. so who will it be:

- CJ with his shooting?
- CJ with his driving?
- Miles driving and getting fouled?
- Odomes driving to his left?
- Doolittle heating up inside?
- Calixte hitting a few jumpers or taking it to the rack?
- McNeace with a few little turnarounds?
- Brady hitting some jumpers?

A couple 2 or 3 of these are gonna warm up in the game and we just hafta play defense and move the ball around to let that happen organically.

We elevate our odds a bit by applying pressure to the ball on the perimeter with the length of a few guys plus their speed ... but the thing above is our game and our maturity lets it work.

Bench Scoring

12 .. Northwestern
33 .. Oklahoma

We don't win, and it's probably not close, without the contributions of Doolittle & Odomes. Plus, I think our depth wore them out. That depth allows us to overcome it when one of the key guys isn't getting it done or McNeace aggravates an injury.

Sooners Fight Past Wildcats in Overtime
http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=31000&ATCLID=211784554

EVANSTON, Ill. (AP) –Kristian Doolittle scored three straight key baskets late in overtime, and Oklahoma defeated Northwestern 76-69 on Friday night for its seventh straight win.

Doolittle, who finished with a team-leading 14 points, connected on layups 50 seconds apart, then added a close-in jumper with 19 seconds left in overtime to make it 74-69. Miles Reynolds sealed it with layup with three seconds remaining.

Christian James had 12 points and nine rebounds and Rashard Odomes aded 13 points — all in the first half — to help the Sooners (11-1) prevail in a physical non-conference match-up of Power Five schools.

Final Official Box Score:
http://www.soonersports.com/pdf9/5480511.pdf?DB_OEM_ID=31000

Video Highlights:
http://www.soonersports.com/mediaPo...31000&clip=5904401&id=6304669&db_oem_id=31000

We don't win, and it's probably not close, without the contributions of Doolittle & Odomes. Plus, I think our depth wore them out. That depth allows us to overcome it when one of the key guys isn't getting it done or McNeace aggravates an injury.

I couldn’t agree more! Odomes kept us in the game in the first half. He came off of the bench to score 13 points when everyone else was struggling. NW had no answer for him.

Doolittle was like a man possessed in the closing minutes of the second half and the overtime. It was like he was taking the team (and the game outcome) on his shoulders and carrying them to the win. Manek, James, Reynolds, Bieniemy and Calixte all contributed to the win. But Doolittle was the catalyst.

That’s the second straight game Doolittle and Odomes have made major contributions to the win. Skyvue is right, this team doesn’t have bench players, we have 9 to 10 starters

I didn’t get to watch with the sound on. Was mcneace hurt still? Or did he play so little bc it was strategy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if you look at the eurostep play odomes makes with 10 left in the first half you see that mcNeace isn't anywhere around. he was favoring that ankle and trying to stay in but was not near 100%. they yanked him and shut it down just as they should have - we need him healthy for conference play.

Man that was an impressive win. Great contributions by everyone and James’ block on that dunk was insane. Odomes in the 1st, Doolittle down the stretch, everyone chipping in & solid defense yet again.

Back